Puzzle games that you hate/find hard, or dont get!

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Puzzle games that you hate/find hard, or dont get!

Post by flojocabron »

Some puzzle games are easy to grasp yet hard to master. Some are mindless. Some are ingrained into our skulls.

But there are some that even though they are well loved, classically remembered, and still available for your smartphone. You just dont understand it. :( The gameplay is capable but something just doesn't click with you.

You want to like it, but you just cant.

For me a game that is like this is Wario's Woods for SNES.
The mechanics of the game are there, but the execution of it, is what by brain cant comprehend. Owned it back then, got rid of it. Got it again after some years and it still dont care for it. For me, there are way better puzzlers for SNES.

What puzzle game does this for you? Please discuss and hate with moderation.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Puzzle games that you hate/find hard, or dont get!

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Any puzzle game that requires color differentiation is impossible for me to play, due to color blindness.

I love Lemmings, but hate the later levels. They're simply repeats of earlier levels, but with different jobs available. And the method of turning around your Lemming by building a small hole and then making a little staircase is something I never would have figured out without the internet.
mjmjr25

Re: Puzzle games that you hate/find hard, or dont get!

Post by mjmjr25 »

I don't know that I have hate for any puzzle games, but I tend to avoid games where you can randomly hit "A" anywhere on screen and get lucky - repeatedly. For example, you have the opponent on the ropes and they just start moving the cursor anywhere and rapid fire hit "A" or "X" (depending on console, etc).

Games like:
Pokemon Puzzle League N64 (though I like the challenge puzzle mode)
Inhabitants DC
Octomania Wii

There are a quite a few like these of course...

I tend to enjoy puzzlers where there is live action with a character, something like:
Lode Runner N64
Portal PS3

Or, where there is no stress really, just have to figure out the puzzle:
Boxxle GB
Kwirk GB
Charlie Blasts Territory N64