Snowboard Kids!

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
AppleQueso

Snowboard Kids!

Post by AppleQueso »

I figure since Curlypaul keeps making threads about N64 games I'd start one about one of my favorites that I don't see mentioned around here very often.

So yeah, anybody else have any love for Snowboard Kids or Snowboard Kids 2? I've actually always slightly preferred the sequel myself, but both games are great fun.

The DS game doesn't exist.
mjmjr25

Re: Snowboard Kids!

Post by mjmjr25 »

To be honest, I figured with their relatively high price tag (in the N64 universe that is) they would be much better. They are ok fun, but i'd prefer 1080 or even Big Mountain for my N64 snowboarding needs (which are relatively non-existent).

Though, if i'm playing 2 player, I think that is done well and quite enjoyable. Has somewhat of a Mario Kart feel in multiplayer.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Honestly I have no clue why they sell for so much. I just used to rent them a bunch back in the n64 days.

I find copies of them for cheap all the time locally.
Inazuma
Next-Gen

Post by Inazuma »

Snobow Kids is fucking excellent! Some of the most fun games ever. I've been trying to buy them but they are all rare and expensive. (>_<)
Last edited by Inazuma on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

I've never played either Snowboard Kids. I'd pick them up for like $5 each, but for some reason they are a bit pricey. Of all the N64 games to become valuable, I'd never have picked Snowboard Kids. Very odd.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Yancakes
64-bit

Post by Yancakes »

Snowboard Kids was a great game. For some reason the N64 was excellent for racing and sports game (and snowboard games, specifically!) and Snowboard Kids was one of the best from either category. For some reason Snowboard Kids 2 never clicked as much with me, but it's also excellent.

I think they might be pricey games because they weren't SUPER popular so their availability is slightly limited PLUS they're really good games so no one wants to part with them. I find this latter fact will drive the price of games up like crazy (see: Final Fantasy 7).
eSPy
64-bit

Post by eSPy »

wonder if the expense is because they are Atlus games? I managed to pick up the first game for cheep but ive only seen the 2nd game once at a rental store back when it was newish.

ether way...great game. essentially mario kart on a hill but still great fun. Multiplayer makes it especially good!
Atari 2600 Jr., NES, Gameboy, Genesis 1 and 2, Saturn, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Advance (with Supercard SD), Playstation (With Goldfinger), Nintendo 64, Playstation 2(modded), Nintendo DS (Fat) with Edge
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

According to VGPC, both games go for $15-20ish.

...honestly that doesn't seem particularly obscene or anything. That prices them at around the same level most of Nintendo's first party games go for.

But yeah anyone who hasn't played them and enjoys kart-style racers should give it a shot, seriously good fun.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Expensive...in terms of N64 games, I think is the idea. Considering over 1/3 of the N64 titles are under $3 per vgpc, the perception is thus that Snowboard Kids 1 and 2 are expensive in contrast.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

it's not a huge mystery why they're expensive. They were published by Atlus.