Best NFL game?

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
davesrandom

Re: Best NFL game?

Post by davesrandom »

Check out Madden '03. It's as dated as hell, but I remember it always being my favorite. '05 wasn't bad either. Any later than that and it's just...gah. Lol. You might also want to check out the NCAA games.
Croooow!
128-bit

Post by Croooow! »

If you're interested in more of an arcade football game I'd recommend one of the NFL Blitz games. I would encourage you to lookout beyond the Madden games as I've preferred the NFL2k series on DC/PS2 and the NFL Quarterback Club series on N64.
"There are two ways to get enough. One way is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less." G.K. Chesterton

soundslave
8-bit

Post by soundslave »

Madden Arcade is pretty fun and easy to play. I play my 50 year old dad online all the time.
Need a great VIDEO GAME PODCAST to listen to??
World One One Itunes
http://worldoneone.com
Ack

Post by Ack »

NFL Blitz on the Nintendo 64. Sure, it's not realistic and honest in terms of football I suppose, but it does feature the greatest takedowns of any football game I have ever played.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Seriously this thread was over when someone said Tecmo Bowl. :D
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
classicgamer5
Next-Gen

Post by classicgamer5 »

NFL 2K1 for Dreamcast is one of the best footbal games I have ever played.
Redline9
24-bit

Post by Redline9 »

Ack wrote:NFL Blitz on the Nintendo 64. Sure, it's not realistic and honest in terms of football I suppose, but it does feature the greatest takedowns of any football game I have ever played.

Great football game and I also like its basketball counterpart: NBA Showtime. Realism in sports games tends to bore me.
NintendoLegend
32-bit

Post by NintendoLegend »

Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES.

... just sayin'.
SkirmishFrogs.com -- A lighthearted retro gaming community.

NintendoLegend.com -- One retro gamer's quest to play and review every American-released NES game.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

classicgamer5 wrote:NFL 2K1 for Dreamcast is one of the best footbal games I have ever played.

The 2K series on the Dreamcast destroyed their madden counterparts for the time - all great games.
videogameexperiment
24-bit

Post by videogameexperiment »

ESPN NFL 2k5 has always been highly regarded. I know fans still keep the rosters up to date to 2011 even, which is crazy.
The web's first video game public library! http://videogameexperiment.com rents all games for free and sells them for less than Ebay and Amazon! Plus we take anything in on trade-in.