RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Re: What single player FPS campaign are you playing?

by casterofdreams Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:42 pm

Glad I hyped you up. I didn't play anything past AW but I heard Black Ops 3 had very little to do with the prequel BO games. That and the campaign was built around coop sort of like Halo 5. I can't comment outside of what I've read however. As for price: my guess is that because of the lackluster Infinite Warfare many people either went back to the previous years game or never left so demand is higher.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:20 pm

Advanced Warfare 3
Black Ops
Black Ops 2

All shipped! I ended up just going with Like New from the same seller on Amazon. Was like $35 or something after shipping, not too bad.

I also grabbed Homefront on Steam for a few dollars during a sale recently... the scenario always intrigued me. I've never really heard good things, but it's supposedly only 3-4 hours long. lol
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

by casterofdreams Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:44 am

Nice. I think you meant Modern not Advanced. What console did you get the games for?

I suggest Ghosts and Advanced Warfare too. The prices are low on those and they are great games regardless of ranking (Ghosts).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:32 am

I thought Advanced was great. And I did recently pick up Ghosts, but haven't played it yet.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:31 pm

I have CoD4 and MW2 on 360, so I got all those on 360 as well. Could use an excuse to play some 360 stuff haha... (although I just imported Mushihimesama Futari too). I'll get through these and then scoop up the others.

I have Ghosts on the PS4, so I'll get all the newer ones there. Weirdly enough, I think I might get the stand alone CoD4 remaster now too for the campaign. Like I said earlier I don't remember it being amazing or anything, but I still recall a lot of it and loving the snowy areas. Could be fun for a replay. It sounds like they messed up the multiplayer too much for my liking though. I don't even know if I'll bother with any multiplayer for these now, don't really want to subscribe for Xbox Live or PSN right now. I imagine there's cheaters galore on the PC versions.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:24 am

You guys are making me want to play some CoD. With the modern ones, I've only beaten Modern Warfare and Black Ops. I think I might hit up Modern Warfare 2 after I finish Zwei. I've got every seventh gen CoD in various libraries... there's quite a few I haven't played yet, because there's a LOT of them. The good thing is the single player campaigns in these games takes just a few hours to beat.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ack

by Ack Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:15 pm

It has been months, but I finally got back around to playing Descent 2. I am now sitting at the start of level 21, the beginning of the final slate of levels before the finale on 24. I recall loving the level layouts and changes in design to give each set of levels a unique feel, and I am hoping that the final set does not disappoint. Either way, beating this before the year ends is now a priority.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:23 pm

This is hands down the worst FPS I've played in awhile.

Got it for a few dollars on Steam recently. Figured I'd dabble into it before playing the few CoD's I got. Man oh man, this game is so bad. Everything feels bad, the controls and aiming, gunplay. The writing is abysmal. It tries so damn hard to be shocking with the North Korea taking over the world scenario. Here's a stadium with a bunch of dead bodies piled up. You're forced to watch soldiers gun down parents in front of a child. blah blah blah. The environments are dreadful, not as they intended... but just horrendously bad and lame. It's like broken down suburbs and as uninteresting as it gets. Tons of invisible walls everywhere and not only are you always following one character that you can't get in front of while they slowly go down a ladder or whatever, but sometimes 2-3 characters. You're just cockblocked from moving forward until the NPC's all slowly get in front of you and you can keep going on the rope line path. Music is sending me into a coma.

Looks like it's 7 chapters and about 4 hours long. Finished up 2 chapters tonight but I'm not even sure if I can finish this fight.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:32 pm

Started up Modern Warfare 3. Soap, Price, etc still kicking. lol

Homefront DELETED.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

by casterofdreams Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:29 am

Xeogred wrote:Started up Modern Warfare 3. Soap, Price, etc still kicking. lol

Homefront DELETED.

You were able to get a refund for that right?
Return to Other Genres