RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
MrPopo

Re: What single player FPS campaign are you playing?

by MrPopo Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:00 am

How do my problems with a five year old card translate to you guys being worried about your one year old cards? Look at the system reqs:

MINIMUM:
Processor: AMD FX-8350/Ryzen 5 1400 or Intel Core i5-3570/i7-3770
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 770 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or better
Storage: 55 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: AMD FX-9370/Ryzen 5 1600X or Intel Core i7-4770
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB/AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB or better

While my processor and RAM meet the minimum my card is a generation behind and has half the RAM needed. You guys are meeting the recommended graphics card (not just the minimum).
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:45 am

Looks like my processor is right under the Min. But I hit all the other Rec's.

I think it's just too risky right now with how bad Dishonored 2's launch was, when I specifically bought my 1060 to be ready for it... that was pretty annoying.

PC demo's need to be a thing again to test performance.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:08 pm

MrPopo wrote:How do my problems with a five year old card translate to you guys being worried about your one year old cards? Look at the system reqs:

MINIMUM:
Processor: AMD FX-8350/Ryzen 5 1400 or Intel Core i5-3570/i7-3770
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 770 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or better

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: AMD FX-9370/Ryzen 5 1600X or Intel Core i7-4770
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB/AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB or better

While my processor and RAM meet the minimum my card is a generation behind and has half the RAM needed. You guys are meeting the recommended graphics card (not just the minimum).

I guess I saw that you said NVIDIA cards in general were having issues, not just a certain line. I would still be curious if the experience wasn’t more smooth and consistently good looking on PS4...

My card is fine, then, but my other specs just inch above the recommended (i7-4790K, 16gb RAM) which makes me think I’ll have to run it with some concessions...
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:30 pm

dsheinem wrote:I guess I saw that you said NVIDIA cards in general were having issues, not just a certain line. I would still be curious if the experience wasn’t more smooth and consistently good looking on PS4...

It looks very good, but maybe not as good as Doom on PS4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxVD5z3Kj64
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

by casterofdreams Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:15 pm

I going to get a lot of shit for this but here goes:

Bioshock: Infinite

I don't get it.

I don't quite understand the hype that revolved around this game when it came out. It's good for sure and from what I've played so far it definitely had its moments but I just don't think it's as good as the prior two games. The combat in Infinite has improved but I think I feel like they went for more set pieces then anything else. You go from area to area, kill a bunch of guys that spawn, and then move onto your next objective. Rinse and repeat. I'm not really exploring as much as I did in the other games.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:25 pm

The marketing pushed the game really hard and Ken Levine almost went crazy I think. It was a huge project.

I absolutely love the game, the combat is amazing. But you're not wrong in that it's even more linear and the plasmids weren't as interesting in this one.

If you really want a modern System Shock, Prey is the answer.

In other news, Call of Duty 287 / WW2 looks terrible. :lol:
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

by casterofdreams Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:34 pm

Prey is on my purchase list next to, FC Primal, Wolfenstein New World Order, and Old Blood. I like FPSs :lol:

I'm going to Steam sale those suckers.

Yeah. Call of Duty. Meh.

Far Cry 5 is what I'm waiting for.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:38 pm

Xeogred wrote:Call of Duty 287 / WW2 looks terrible.

PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:50 pm

Sums it up!

I still want to check out Advanced Warfare (curious to see if there's anything special to it being headed by one of the Dead Space creators), and Infinite Warfare sometime. I had fun with Ghosts' campaign. Maybe I'd dig the BLOPS stuff too. The high-tech military Sam Fischer styled genre seems to be kind of dead thesedays and I noticed that while playing Ghosts, like... hey it's kind of cool getting to use all these fancy gadgets. Had some cool urban levels I liked too, like the city towers level.

But yeah, WW2. I watched the Giant Bomb quick look and some streams. They made the most generic vanilla WW2 game imaginable. With loot boxes. RIP. Especially releasing alongside Wolfenstein II, I don't know why anyone should bother with CoD.

casterofdreams: I'm not really feeling the Far Cry hype and I say that as someone who really enjoyed 2-4 and Blood Dragon. But I'm super burned out on Ubisoft's formula and the whole cult angle with 5 doesn't appeal to me. I wanted real dinosaurs and for the series to get goofier.

Personally I'm way more interested in Metro Exodus for next year. Metro fusing with STALKER? Oh yeah!
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

by casterofdreams Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:10 pm

Totally forgot about Exodus! That I really want. I haven't gotten sick of the Ubi way yet so I have a level of excitement for Far Cry 5. I'm all for Blood Dragon level of goofy however.

I didn't play multiplayer but the single player portion of Advanced Warfare was by far my favorite COD in recent memory.
Return to Other Genres