What single player FPS campaign are you playing?

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
chuckster
32-bit

Re: What single player FPS campaign are you playing?

Post by chuckster »

I'd love to try the new BF2, but I'm not gonna support it after all the mess. I may pick it up later on used or something. I was hurt by all the changes from old Battlefront 2 I knew and loved, but both it and the first look like they're fine FPS games.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

chuckster wrote:I'd love to try the new BF2, but I'm not gonna support it after all the mess. I may pick it up later on used or something. I was hurt by all the changes from old Battlefront 2 I knew and loved, but both it and the first look like they're fine FPS games.

That's what I suggest in my blog review - getting it used. The first one was good, but the lack of single player campaign was unforgivable IMO. The campaign is the strongest part of this one.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

chuckster
32-bit

Post by chuckster »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
chuckster wrote:I'd love to try the new BF2, but I'm not gonna support it after all the mess. I may pick it up later on used or something. I was hurt by all the changes from old Battlefront 2 I knew and loved, but both it and the first look like they're fine FPS games.

That's what I suggest in my blog review - getting it used. The first one was good, but the lack of single player campaign was unforgivable IMO. The campaign is the strongest part of this one.

Yeah, I lost interest in the first one as soon as I realized it was multiplayer-only (or 99% at least). I had a ton of good times with just bots on the Xbox versions (not sure if bots are in these two games).
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

No bots, per se, but the first one has some local co-op wave modes you can play that are fun, but it gets old pretty quick.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Ack

Post by Ack »

We started playing Serious Sam 3 in multiplayer during our Thursday night game sessions on Steam, so I figured I would give it a run in single player as well. I've beaten both the First and Second Encounter, but those were years ago, so getting back into the Serious swing of things has taken a little getting used to...when it happens. Often the game feels like it wants to be a bit Call of Duty, which makes things feel a little split in terms of gameplay. I like it, but it doesn't quite give me the thrill of the original.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Did any of you guys get around to CoD4 remastered multiplayer? I've heard they mucked things up a little, looks like it has supply drops/loot and all that crap integrated... is it really bad? I was curious but the remaster still goes for $30 something, kind of steep.

After dabbling into Ghosts, Black Ops 3, Advanced Warfare, and Infinite Warfare's multiplayer ... I think MW2 really killed CoD for me online wise. You got like 100 killstreaks, loot drops, supply crates, DLC maps and splitting player bases, medals, just so much CRAP. Too much. I really miss the simplicity that CoD4 had.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I never advanced beyond CoD4, so I have no idea. I didn't even know there was a re-release. Also, what's a loot drop? Is that like calling in a supply crate like in Battlefield 2?
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Feeling the itch to finally dive back into New Vegas. Looks like a day long project on modding it, lol. Anyone else here familiar with its mods and such thesedays?
marurun

Post by marurun »

I like the mod that combines New Vegas and Fallout 3: A Tale of Two Wastelands. You can choose which mechanics set to use and how you want to deal with ammo incompatibilities. It's a pretty cool thing.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I haven’t messed with mods on NV but it’s got a lovely community with great support for the game.