What single player FPS campaign are you playing?

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: What single player FPS campaign are you playing?

Post by fastbilly1 »

I am tempted to buy Bioshock 2 but I decided I wouldnt until I play through System Shock 2.

Heres a question, what are some good coop fps campaigns (officially or with mods)? My girlfriend really wants to try playing some but would rather not play titles like Serious Sam or Doom. I am going to try to get her to play Borderlands but thats not happening until I get another good pc. I wish we could play Bioshock together, she would love that.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

DS, we need to break out UT3's campaign and power through it coop. I have a copy of the game ready for Hobie, but I haven't had the chance to get it to him.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

wip3outguy7 wrote:DS, we need to break out UT3's campaign and power through it coop. I have a copy of the game ready for Hobie, but I haven't had the chance to get it to him.

I didn't know you could co-op that "campaign". Agreed.
avrame
128-bit

Post by avrame »

UT3 is on my todo list. But with the release of BlackOps, I went on a CoD marathon and beat all the games in order of release (1,2,3,4,WaW,MW2)... Have yet to touch BlackOps' single player campaign :P HARDCORE TDM FTW!

What FPS' are you looking forward to? Bulletstorm and Duke Nukem Forever got my vote. Rage is not to high on my interest list after Doom 3 :S
If you aren't having a good time, why are you playing?
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

UT3 coop? That sounds awesome.

Im waiting for Bioshock 3, Half Life 2: Episode 3, and Section 8 Prejudice
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Don't get too excited over the prospect of UT3 coop. The campaign is nothing more than a series of bot matches tied together with forgettable story. Nonetheless, it does make for some interesting scenarios and forces you to play multiple game types you would otherwise never touch.

I'm going to be free tonight after around 8:30p CST and will be free most of the day tomorrow if anyone is up for this. I can set up the mouse and keyboard for added twitch fun.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

wip3outguy7 wrote:Don't get too excited over the prospect of UT3 coop. The campaign is nothing more than a series of bot matches tied together with forgettable story. Nonetheless, it does make for some interesting scenarios and forces you to play multiple game types you would otherwise never touch.

I'm going to be free tonight after around 8:30p CST and will be free most of the day tomorrow if anyone is up for this. I can set up the mouse and keyboard for added twitch fun.

The UT3 story is hilariously bad. I think the Penny Arcade done on the subject actually improved the writing.

Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

LOL
Never again the same. We have to play this...
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

wip3outguy7 wrote:LOL
Never again the same. We have to play this...

9:30pm is a little early for me - I'll see about later tonight though.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

wip3outguy7 wrote:Don't get too excited over the prospect of UT3 coop. The campaign is nothing more than a series of bot matches tied together with forgettable story.

Sounds like the story of all UT games. Just this time Coop.