RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: What single player FPS campaign are you playing?

by emwearz Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:16 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:
wip3outguy7 wrote:Don't get too excited over the prospect of UT3 coop. The campaign is nothing more than a series of bot matches tied together with forgettable story.

Sounds like the story of all UT games. Just this time Coop.

I dont know, the plot twist is pretty epic :lol:
AntonBD

by AntonBD Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:25 pm

I've just started playing BioShock for the first time. I "accidentally" found out about the save/harvest choice and it's effect on the ending, but I feel like that's a pretty minor part of the game as a whole. I also know that Ayn Rand gets tossed into the BioShock conversation a lot -- I "accidentally" read two of her books when I was younger, so I have some sense of why things went so horribly bad down there. The setting is wonderful so far and genuinely creepy (as opposed to Resident Evil 4, which I'm also playing now, which isn't remotely scary [although having my head lopped off by a chainsaw made me squirm]).
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

by wip3outguy7 Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:58 pm

dsheinem wrote:9:30pm is a little early for me - I'll see about later tonight though.

We should be able to get a few rounds in.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:53 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:
wip3outguy7 wrote:Don't get too excited over the prospect of UT3 coop. The campaign is nothing more than a series of bot matches tied together with forgettable story.

It's worse, though, because with the other UT games it was just "look, here's a tournament, shoot each other" while this one is "hey, there's a tournament, also there's some kind of thing going on in the game universe that essentially boils down to shooting each other, but this time it MATTERS".
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:21 am

MrPopo wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:

It's worse, though, because with the other UT games it was just "look, here's a tournament, shoot each other" while this one is "hey, there's a tournament, also there's some kind of thing going on in the game universe that essentially boils down to shooting each other, but this time it MATTERS".

Wait, I seriously hope you guys do realize the ORIGINAL Unreal had a FULL real campaign and is probably one of the best FPS's I've ever played. Not to mention some of the best music I've ever heard, same composer as the original Deus Ex. The game suffocates you with atmosphere.

Although you guys did say "UT", so yeah. If that's the case then I totally agree, but Unreal was definitely something else. 8)
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

by wip3outguy7 Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:47 am

Haha, yeah. I know I'm specifically talking about the "Tournament" series. Unreal is a different game.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

by GSZX1337 Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:22 am

fastbilly1 wrote:Heres a question, what are some good coop fps campaigns (officially or with mods)? My girlfriend really wants to try playing some but would rather not play titles like Serious Sam or Doom.

Both the Half-Life titles have Co-Op mods.
Sven Co-Op Mod
Synergy

dsheinem wrote:
wip3outguy7 wrote:DS, we need to break out UT3's campaign and power through it coop. I have a copy of the game ready for Hobie, but I haven't had the chance to get it to him.

I didn't know you could co-op that "campaign". Agreed.

I'd be down for some UT3 co-op.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

by wip3outguy7 Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:01 pm

I was playing an "open" UT3 campaign (anyone could join without restrictions) and I love how easily other players can join. It's very similar to Gears of War. They jump into the game and take on the roll of one of the AI characters already in play. Let me know when you guys are ready to play. I am off with nothing to do today.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

by Pulsar_t Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:29 pm

For cooperative PC games try Co-Optimus

http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Pabstblueribbon
64-bit

by Pabstblueribbon Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:53 pm

Just started playing through Rise of the Triad. I had played the shareware years ago and decided to give the full thing a shot. I've been really enjoying it. The level design is top notch for its time, I really like the bonuses you can get at the end of the level for doing certain things, and collecting all the triad coins or whatever they are adds a whole new element to the game. there are lots of cool items in this game, one allows you to be a dog and bite the shit out of people, one is called "god mode" which makes you really tall and lets you shoot energy balls that destroy any enemies around you. for a game that came out in 1995, this is damn good. The game also has quite a back story, starting as an expansion pack for Wolfenstein 3D and eventually turning into a stand alone game.
Return to Other Genres