RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Re: What single player FPS campaign are you playing?

by GSZX1337 Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:37 am

This is one of the few times that I'm not playing an FPS. :lol:
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Auron_Amarth
16-bit

by Auron_Amarth Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:17 pm

Right now I'm playing Doom 3, only a few hours into it and I'm getting bored with it. Too repetitive and I hate how you can't use both the flashlight and guns at the same time. Great graphics and lighting though. Not scary at all.

And everyone needs to play the first Condemned on XBox 360. That's how you do horror FPS/First Person Action game.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

by Bradtemple87 Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:01 pm

Auron_Amarth wrote:Right now I'm playing Doom 3, only a few hours into it and I'm getting bored with it. Too repetitive and I hate how you can't use both the flashlight and guns at the same time. Great graphics and lighting though. Not scary at all.

And everyone needs to play the first Condemned on XBox 360. That's how you do horror FPS/First Person Action game.

DOOM 3 did that intentionally to add suspense and terror. I enjoyed playing through that game.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
littlecallen
16-bit

by littlecallen Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Right now, the entire half life series. Holy fig newton nuts have I ever fallen in love. I think I could marry the games just because they are so characteristically womanlike. For example, they seem to go out of their way to be a bitch and half the time they leave you deeply confused. At the same time you can't do anything but love it. You love it so much that you seem to spend more on it than your last girlfriend.

You are cordially invited to the wedding of...
Why did Kevin Flynn blare Journey so loud in his arcade? Was he trying to hear it from the grid?
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:02 pm

PS2 Black
I love going over the bridge, way up in the upper walkway. :mrgreen:

My favorite PS2 FPS controller: SplitFish EdgeFX
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

by Pulsar_t Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:08 pm

Auron_Amarth wrote:I hate how you can't use both the flashlight and guns at the same time.

I modified it to allow simultaneous use of flashlight and weapon. Play Quake 4 also as it's definitely better. I must admit for the first few hours of Doom 3 it did prove frightful because all those bells and whistles were fairly new at the time.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:09 pm

I've been playing Doom 3 lately as well. I like that you can't use the flashlight and fire at the same time. That's probably the main thing that makes it scary and challenging in my opinion.

I've also started on Half Life: Source and recently fire up an old save game of Prey, which I never finished.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

by Erik_Twice Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:02 am

But the flashlight was overpowered! When you hit a Zombie with it his head fell! :lol:
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
CFFJR
Next-Gen

by CFFJR Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:35 am

Nothing at the moment, apart from my occasional bouts of playing Doom or Doom 2. I just don't play a lot of shooters nowadays. Modern titles generally don't do anything for me.

Having said that however, you can bet I'll be weeping in anticipation the day I bring home Duke Nukem Forever. Then I'll have something to talk about! :mrgreen:
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:03 am

Auron_Amarth wrote:Right now I'm playing Doom 3, only a few hours into it and I'm getting bored with it. Too repetitive and I hate how you can't use both the flashlight and guns at the same time. Great graphics and lighting though. Not scary at all.

There is a mod called duct tape or something similar in which you can use them both at the same time, even with the mod, its a fairly average and repetative game.
Return to Other Genres