What single player FPS campaign are you playing?

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Re: What single player FPS campaign are you playing?

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Good hits as always Ex. Looks like Black will run on the 360, so I'll look for that one, it always seemed like a sick game.

Sadly, I lack a PC with any sort of prowess, which I know greatly limits my FPS options. Still a few games in there I can play console versions of though! Half Life is one of those "Ashamed I've never played it" games, so I should try to get around to that.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

dunpeal2064 wrote:Sadly, I lack a PC with any sort of prowess, which I know greatly limits my FPS options. Still a few games in there I can play console versions of though! Half Life is one of those "Ashamed I've never played it" games, so I should try to get around to that.

you really should. Or you could jump straight to HL2, also on console. They're both amazing games in different ways.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

dunpeal2064 wrote:Sadly, I lack a PC with any sort of prowess, which I know greatly limits my FPS options.

The PC games I mentioned (outside S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) are very old, they would run fine on a potato. I'll throw you a bone:

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/pc/ ... m-edition/

To the best of my knowledge, SoF is abandonware, not being sold anywhere, and hasn't been sold for years. But if that link is a no-no, I apologize to the mods and will flog myself with thumbtack impregnated fly paper.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

I want to say I have a burn of Half Life 1 on... Dreamcast? Would that be a decent way to experience it, or is that just silly?

I'd want to play them in order, but 2 is certainly easier for me to access right now.

Good lookin out Ex, its in queue
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I beat it on Dreamcast. It's at least an interesting way to play it haha.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

My playthrough of Quake was on the Saturn, so I guess I should keep the tradition of "wtf is wrong with you" going and just play it there :lol:
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I actually have a copy of HL2 on the original Xbox despite owning the Orange Box. I was curious and it was cheap at the time.

It's not bad by any means. Slowdowns here and there. Still great!
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

dunpeal2064 wrote:My playthrough of Quake was on the Saturn, so I guess I should keep the tradition of "wtf is wrong with you" going and just play it there :lol:

I've played Quake on Saturn and N64. N64 is definitely the better way to play; Saturn is definitely my preferred way to play. I have Half-Life on Dreamcast (got a repro disc to test out the quality of a distributor), but I've only dicked around a little bit. I plan to do a full playthrough soon though.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

I only recommend Half-Life on PC. I only recommend Quake on PC. Pretty much I only recommend any PC original on PC.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yeah, go with PC. There's also a port of the original to the Half-Life 2 engine.

Same deal with the older shooters like DOOM. In fact, I'd highly recommend watching Digital Foundry's breakdown of the various console versions, if I didn't mention it before. It's absolutely fascinating.