What single player FPS campaign are you playing?

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: What single player FPS campaign are you playing?

Post by Xeogred »

Advanced Warfare is my favorite personally, it feels more like if Titanfall 1 had a campaign... and that's awesome. Infinite Warfare is very cool but the spaceship missions lose their novelty fast I thought. Modern Warfare 3 has a lot of awesome urban city sections in Europe I believe, really enjoyed that one too. And I liked Ghosts' despite what most say, apparently. I played all of these years after their release and so went in pretty fresh on them all, had fun.

On the flip side, there sure does seem to be a lot of Black Ops fans, but I thought they all sucked. Was even shocked at how low budget Black Ops 3 looks and feels compared to the Infinity Ward games, even stuff that predated it like Ghosts or Advanced Warfare look way better. Didn't even bother finishing 2-3. Awful stuff.

I'd like to pickup MW1 remastered eventually whenever it gets cheaper. Shame they changed things about the multiplayer though, for the worse from what it sounds like.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

"Titanfall with single player campaign" is exactly how I thought of AW as well, and probably why I enjoyed it so much, yeah.
muppetrat

Post by muppetrat »

Actually, it's a pleasure to play the last Deus Ex.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I don't really post in here as modern FPS aren't my style really, but this felt right for where to do it.

Looks like a mish-mosh of styles of DOOM1/2 and Duke 3D rolled into one solid game over on GoG, looks like they published/paid for it and another studio made it as it's exclusive and they're all over that thing for all of $12. https://www.gog.com/game/project_warlock
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

I finished the first episode and really enjoyed it, I would prefer if you could apply upgrades, etc in between each level as some levels are groups into 2 or 3 stages.

If you don't play on casual then when you run out of lives you have to start over and your save gets deleted. Ain't got no time for that, so casual it is. In saying that, I finished the first episode only dying at the boss.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Wow harsh, optional flavors of rogue infuriating play eh? I'll play casual then as I don't like permadeath in any game.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

DUSK is incredible. The hype is real.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/519860
Ack

Post by Ack »

Shit, I missed the release.

Also, has there been any more info on Ion Maiden?
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I don't know on Ion Maiden, but I'll check that one out when it exits early access. Sounds legit.

But I'm a few levels into Episode 3 of Dusk and this is absolutely God tier, one of the best games I've played this year, and would easily be a champion name dropped from the 90's if it released back then. What looks like a simple little love letter to Blood and Quake combined, evolves into so much more as it goes. The immersion of Thief and Looking Glass Studios is there mixed in with STALKER level atmosphere and blissfully weird, surreal environmental storytelling. From Half-Life 1 to Super Hot, this has tricks and references covering the entire genre, yet Dusk still easily retains its own cohesive and bizarre personality with a flavor of its own. This thing has truly blown me away. The OST has no bad dubstep influences like Mick Gordon's work and instead feels like a continuation of Quake 2's metal style, yet it's not even those banging tracks I like the most, it's often the slower ambient parts throughout the levels. A mesmerizing experience so far, what a crazy ride. I think Episode 3 will continue to blow me away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKxBoYsEASs
Ack

Post by Ack »

Yes, I did it. I jumped on the Dusk hype train. How is it, you ask? Let me put it like this:

It's dope.

Jokes aside, yeah, I'm enjoying it. I'm playing through on the medium difficulty and going back on the easiest to search for secrets and explore. I love that hitting Tab brings up the stats in the upper left corner. That is supremely useful. The one complaint I may have is that I don't think there is a map button, at least not one that I am aware of. It would have been cool to see the old wireframe. But I am having a blast. And if you get tired of the base game, there is an endless mode for score along with deathwatch to try with your friends. The game also tracks which levels you have earned special titles in and has a level select, so you can go back and try to get all titles in all levels. And then there is Duskmare, which is a special difficulty where you die in one hit. Fellas, I am having a blast.

So far, my favorite level is probably Dead of the Night, an open granary area, but so many of the levels have been well designed, it's tough to pick favorites.