RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Video Pinball

by emwearz Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:27 am

Does anybody know if Bally's Mata Hari has a "Video Pinball" release, I have been getting into a fierce 3 way high score battle with my dad and his buddy (who owns the table) and would love to play it at home in some form.

I looked around with no luck so I doubt it, but never know.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:53 pm

It is in visula pinball:
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=1023
But I do not believe it has been released in an official table pack.
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:28 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:It is in visula pinball:
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=1023
But I do not believe it has been released in an official table pack.

I have tried a few peoples version of it on VP, I never liked the ball physics. I didn't think it would have a release, what a shame. Thanks!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:36 am

Apparently people love the No fear table, so thats the next one in the hopper for Pinball Arcade. Still no word on Stern Pinball Arcade.

After fixing a real pinball machine yesterday, I am far more interested in owning a digital pinball table. I have the designs drafted up, just need the capital to build it.

ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:05 am

fastbilly1 wrote:Apparently people love the No fear table, so thats the next one in the hopper for Pinball Arcade. Still no word on Stern Pinball Arcade.

It's the season of Ritchie, for sure. The speculators at the Pinball Arcade Fans forum already had that figured out as soon as newsletter 44 was released. It's a game I've only played a handful of times so I'm happy to have it. I already got all the standard goals. It's got design cues from Star Trek TNG, Black Knight 2000 (jump ramp), and even Terminator 2. It's classic Ritchie all the way. Nothing but ramps. Awesome.

Oh, the speculators already got next month's game figured out.

Judge Dredd
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:54 pm

During the Steam sale I gave Zenpinball some loving and bought two of its most unique tables - Portal and Epic Quest. Epic Quest's RPG mechanics are very intriguing to me and I love the away it plays. Well everything except that stupid ball eating plant... That is when I get to play, my wife has been playing the Archer Table alot recently. I aslo gave Mars another run and have really started enjoying that table for what it is. It is kinda like Black Hole to me - Fairly open playfield, mostly easy to follow goals, and engrossing gameplay but not over staying its welcome.

Farsight announced that the next Kickstarter for Pinball Arcade will be none other than Midways 1992 Doctor Who. It is a great table for theme, gameplay is moderate. I really enjoyed my time with the real table, then again there is a Tardis in almost every room of my house, and will gladly be buying the Pinball Arcade version. Rumor was that the Kickstarter would be Simpsons, but I have given up on that table ever coming out, same with Indiana Jones.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:02 pm

Having (finally) just signed up for Steam, are there any orignial Pinball titles that fall outside the Zen and Pinball Arcade universe that you guys would recommend?
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:00 pm

The pinball games made by Digital Illusions CE (DICE), they should be there as Pinball Gold Pack (Dreams/Dreams 2/Fantasies) and the standalone Pinball Illusions.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:08 pm

I think those are the same as on GOG so good to know.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:25 pm

TPA Kickstarter for the Doctor Who table is now live. Only $54K needed this time.
Return to Other Genres