Video Pinball

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Kidpanda
64-bit

Video Pinball

Post by Kidpanda »

fastbilly1 wrote:
Kidpanda wrote:I wish they would put out Cyclone on PS4 soon. I've been dying to play it and don't want to buy it on PC.

Load it up, per Farsight it was supposed to be released on Sunday morning.

If this is true, I just filled the cup!

Edit: thanks fastbilly, just bought it, can't wait to get home today and play it for hours!
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Video Pinball

Post by ExedExes »

Check your devices for a TPA update that fixes issues with Safecracker, namely the draw that would have brought people to play it in the first place - tokens now roll down the table, which is the coolest thing of all.

Also played Pinball Fantasies, got a heck of a Party Land score (over 20 million) and just made an entry on Speed Devils, not that good but still something.

Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

F-14 Tomcat is out now on Pinball Arcade!

Next month, in time for Halloween...

Frankenstein (Sega 1995)
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

ExedExes wrote:F-14 Tomcat is out now on Pinball Arcade!

Next month, in time for Halloween...

Frankenstein (Sega 1995)

I used to play this one a good bit at my local arcade. Great theme. Super speed! Good stuff.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I have never been a fan of Segas Frankenstein. But I am willing to give it another go for Standard goals.

Over the weekend I continued on my journey to be as good as Exed, and be top man and all standard goals on each table - wizard goals if possible. I will make a mighty list later, but I am almost done with season 1, but got distracted by Attack on Mars...

I know I mentioned this in the TR topic, but I will mention it here, on the Pinballarcade Fans website they have figured out how to set the DMD on a static backglass on a 2 monitor cab, but only on the DX11 version. So quasi cab support is coming.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

fastbilly1 wrote:Over the weekend I continued on my journey to be as good as Exed, and be top man and all standard goals on each table - wizard goals if possible. I will make a mighty list later, but I am almost done with season 1, but got distracted by Attack on Mars....

Good luck with that! Got all of F-14's standard goals - wizard goals are nearly as tough as Attack From Mars, so I think I'll move on to more tables I haven't played yet.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Looks like we are getting a second app/program, but this is exciting. The background image is Metallica, perhaps foreshadowing?
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

I did a little digging and found a press release.

Stern Pinball Announces New Expanded Partnership with Digital Game Developer FarSight Studios

World’s Leading Maker of Arcade Quality Pinball Games Teams Up With Digital Pinball Wizards to Connect the Real and Virtual Worlds

ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL – September 22, 2015 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world's oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball games, announced a new expanded partnership with FarSight Studios, a developer and publisher of multi-platform digital games including The Pinball Arcade. FarSight will develop a new digital platform called the Stern Pinball Arcade that will feature exact virtual replicas of Stern Pinball’s hottest terrestrial pinball machines.

FarSight Studios has been developing top videogame products across platforms for more than two decades. From movie licensed strategy games and hardcore sports titles to edutainment games for kids and mass-market software. Over the years, FarSight has developed many best-selling franchises, such as Game Party, Sega Sports’ NFL games for the Genesis, NCAA college football games for EA, Backyard Sports for Atari, PlayTV for Radica/Mattel and the Pinball Hall of Fame for Crave.

“At Stern, we’re always looking for new ways to excite our existing fans and gain new ones,” said Gary Stern, CEO of Stern Pinball. “Expanding our partnership with FarSight Studios is helping us do just that. Both gamers and pinball enthusiasts of all stripes and abilities will love the new products we create together.”

“Anyone in the gaming world knows Stern Pinball, which is why we are so pleased about the renewal and expansion of this partnership,” said Jay Obernolte, CEO of FarSight Studios. “We always want to be offering our customers more and we think our fans will love the pinball titles that Stern has to offer.”

Pricing and Availability

Availability of the new products and pricing will be announced later this fall. To learn more about the partnership please visit http://www.SternPinball.com.

It looks to be a separate app, possibly for newer Stern tables? I'm hoping this won't mean that we won't see anymore Old Stern/Data East/Sega on TPA.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Frankenstein goes live soon:

And PinballFX/Zen just entered the DANGER ZONE:

ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Game Sack's episode this week focuses on video pinball games. If you remember their 5th episode covered the Naxat pinball games (Crush series).