RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
nullPointer
128-bit

Re: Video Pinball

by nullPointer Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:25 am

fastbilly1 wrote:I still need to build a pincab.

It's certainly my dream one day! In some ways I think a pincab might even be more attractive to me than building a MAME cab since pinball is so much more intrinsically tied to the 'feel' of the hardware. OTOH I'd probably actually use a MAME cab more frequently. Pipe dreams!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:51 pm

My pc rack is the perfect build for slotting in a monitor to be a pincab. i will upload pictures soon, but it is an old hospital pc from the 60s that has 8u of rackmount slots on the front. The huge space that use to be a CRT screen has my NAS and extra cables in it, and has a monitor in front. Where the keyboard use to sit, can easily hold a bigger screen to be the pincab.
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:39 pm

The Williams table 'Fish Tales' will be free across all platforms, to get your peak wet and start the addiction.

https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=8384

Also if you use the beta on steam, the Williams tables are up until Sept 24.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:38 am

I love that they are doing standard tables, and their enhanced versions. If they sold an upgrade pack of "downgraded" versions of their existing tables I would buy it day 1. I dont need the odd 3d figures standing on the tables.
nullPointer
128-bit

by nullPointer Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:19 am

fastbilly1 wrote:I love that they are doing standard tables, and their enhanced versions. If they sold an upgrade pack of "downgraded" versions of their existing tables I would buy it day 1. I dont need the odd 3d figures standing on the tables.

True story! It can be fun to see all the bells and whistles they've implemented upon purchasing a new table, but ... that gimmick can wear off rather quickly (though some tables are more egregious than others in this regard). Sometimes you just want a nice straight up game of pinball without all the distraction(!), particularly so for these older tables.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:29 pm

Played some Pinball on NES last night. Got owned. Couldn't even make it to the Pauline bonus rounds. I never "got" pinball, or pinball video games. Always feel like I lose just by random chance.

My daughter played some too and her score was like 3x mine. lulz.
Return to Other Genres