Civilization series

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Civilization series

Post by fastbilly1 »

ZeroAX wrote:can't get my pirated copy to run on my windows 7 netbook :(

Do you have home or pro on that netbook? If it is pro you shouldnt have any problem since you have an xp install inside 7. What kind of error are you getting?
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

fastbilly1 wrote:

Do you have home or pro on that netbook? If it is pro you shouldnt have any problem since you have an xp install inside 7. What kind of error are you getting?

I have ....starter. The game will just not load. The loading circle thingy will show for a few seconds and then nothing.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
bdanv

Post by bdanv »

fastbilly1 wrote:I just started playing Alpha Centauri last week, man I missed out on a great game back in its heyday.

there's still an active community of Alpha Centuri players on the net.
you can find there new SP scenarios and join MP games (PBEM or IP).

fastbilly1 wrote:

try to install the 'unofficial' patch: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/downloa ... ile&id=240 (the patch is only fixing some bugs - no gameplay modifications)
it should work with your Win7. hope that helps
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Thanks bdanv, I ran into the same issue that Zeroax had with one of my copies of 7 and your patch worked.

As for playing online, yeah Im not that good yet. I found out the hardway of joining into an online community a decade afterwards when I started playing Quake 2 again a couple years ago. That was a terrible mistake.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

I had preordered Civilization 5, after seeing it getting great reviews, but then I read this excellent review by 1up ( http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?pager.offset=1&cId=3181540&p= ) and it seams I won't like it so I canceled my preorder.

There seams to have been a lot of dumbing down the diplomacy, which was always one my favorite parts of Civ. Also the new stuff that replaced civics and religion kind of sucks (too bad they removed religion. I love it in Civ4).

Too bad, the new battle system looked so promising. I'll just stick to playing Civ4 until they add back those things with an expansion
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Post by AmishSamurai »

I bought Civ V yesterday, and have already clocked in 11 hours. It's crazy. The only things I dislike are the removal of religion and making it only 1 nation, 1 ruler. Otherwise it's flipping awesome. I'm playing through with every nation, or at least trying to. So far have done a military victory with Washington and Montezuma (the Montezuma one was on a duel map and Queen Elizabeth spawned about two days away from me. She ate Jaguar and I won in 21 turns), and a cultural victory with Caesar.
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw