The DOOM Thread

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Ziggy

Re: The DOOM Thread

Post by Ziggy »

Reprise wrote:When I first got Doom 64 [...] I thought there was something wrong with my cables

Said basically everyone whoever played that game.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

The boxed versions of SIGIL are available for purchase on Romero's website.

https://www.romerogames.ie/shop/sigil-standard-big-box

https://www.romerogames.ie/shop/sigil-beast-box

Kinda pricey, tho. I realize they must be limited runs, but I wish the standard big box was cheaper. I would definitely pick it up, but $162 USD is just too much for me.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

But the special box comes with free entrance to the museum!
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Doom, Doom II, and Doom 3 are on sale right now on the Switch. You can get all of them for about $6.

I think this has been known for a while but Doom 64 will be $5 when it releases in March.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

I just played through Sigil on switch. Man it was awesome some of the stuff Romero came up with for the engine, some great new ways to frag.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I've downloaded DOOM 64 from Steam and have been playing that the past day. I've been waiting for this for a while now!
Ack

Post by Ack »

Yeah, dude. I bought day 1 and blazed through it over the weekend. It's a nostalgic blast, and I marvel at how good the level designs are...mostly. There are a couple of clunkers, but mostly they're quite good. I also appreciate that the majority of the achievements are built around fully exploring what all was hidden in the game too.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I've tried to play it on the N64 a number of times over the years, but I just couldn't get into it because of the darkness issue. I've known about the fan PC version, but for whatever reason never tried it. So I've been waiting for an official port of DOOM 64 for some time now!

I've always liked the ambient music that DOOM 64 has, it makes it it's own game. But I can't help but wondering what it would be like if it had proper DOOM music.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Ziggy587 wrote:I've tried to play it on the N64 a number of times over the years, but I just couldn't get into it because of the darkness issue. I've known about the fan PC version, but for whatever reason never tried it. So I've been waiting for an official port of DOOM 64 for some time now!

I've always liked the ambient music that DOOM 64 has, it makes it it's own game. But I can't help but wondering what it would be like if it had proper DOOM music.

Speaking of which, the new PC port actually uses an updated Doom 64 EX engine. Its creator Samuel Villarreal is Nightdive's chief engine developer on the project. So in a sense it's a fan made project turned official.
Last edited by Gunstar Green on Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Was there this much reverb in the N64 version?

Gunstar Green wrote:Speaking of which, the new PC port actually uses an updated Doom 64 EX engine. It's creator Samuel Villarreal is Nightdive's chief engine developer on the project. So in a sense it's a fan made project turned official.

That's awesome!