RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
chuckster
32-bit

Re: What single player FPS campaign are you playing?

by chuckster Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:48 pm

I'd love to try the new BF2, but I'm not gonna support it after all the mess. I may pick it up later on used or something. I was hurt by all the changes from old Battlefront 2 I knew and loved, but both it and the first look like they're fine FPS games.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:52 pm

chuckster wrote:I'd love to try the new BF2, but I'm not gonna support it after all the mess. I may pick it up later on used or something. I was hurt by all the changes from old Battlefront 2 I knew and loved, but both it and the first look like they're fine FPS games.

That's what I suggest in my blog review - getting it used. The first one was good, but the lack of single player campaign was unforgivable IMO. The campaign is the strongest part of this one.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

chuckster
32-bit

by chuckster Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:51 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
chuckster wrote:I'd love to try the new BF2, but I'm not gonna support it after all the mess. I may pick it up later on used or something. I was hurt by all the changes from old Battlefront 2 I knew and loved, but both it and the first look like they're fine FPS games.

That's what I suggest in my blog review - getting it used. The first one was good, but the lack of single player campaign was unforgivable IMO. The campaign is the strongest part of this one.

Yeah, I lost interest in the first one as soon as I realized it was multiplayer-only (or 99% at least). I had a ton of good times with just bots on the Xbox versions (not sure if bots are in these two games).
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:36 pm

No bots, per se, but the first one has some local co-op wave modes you can play that are fun, but it gets old pretty quick.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Ack

by Ack Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:19 pm

We started playing Serious Sam 3 in multiplayer during our Thursday night game sessions on Steam, so I figured I would give it a run in single player as well. I've beaten both the First and Second Encounter, but those were years ago, so getting back into the Serious swing of things has taken a little getting used to...when it happens. Often the game feels like it wants to be a bit Call of Duty, which makes things feel a little split in terms of gameplay. I like it, but it doesn't quite give me the thrill of the original.
Return to Other Genres