Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: The Struggles of Mega Man Zero

by Xeogred Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:41 am

I do want to replay these sometime soon on the Wii U VC. Does anyone know if the digital versions detect save files from other games?
Ivo
Next-Gen

by Ivo Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:04 pm

They are very good games and can be rewarding if you are into testing your skill. I enjoyed S-ranking them.

If you don't care about rank they won't be that hard to finish, and if you care about rank you will probably need to practice, and depending on your skill, maybe re-do each level/boss a few times. Then you get to the last levels and it is boss rush time so you practically need to defeat each boss without getting hit.

To get an S-rank in some of those levels you need to almost do a speed run of the level, while killing a certain number of enemies and not getting hit more than 1 or 2 times. And if you are in MMZ2 and want to unlock certain moves or skills for Zero you will also need to do that while fulfilling certain criteria (like kill enough enemies with a jump-slash).

And then when you finish you can play again on Hard mode which doesn't even let you charge up (meaning also that you can't elemental-charge attacks for boss weaknesses). I didn't try that myself.
StuffWePlay
16-bit

by StuffWePlay Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:57 am

I greatly enjoyed playing these games via the Zero Collection for the DS. It took quite some time to even beat one of them though, but once I did, it felt quite rewarding.
travis_stywall
16-bit

by travis_stywall Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:43 pm

Ivo wrote:If you don't care about rank they won't be that hard to finish, and if you care about rank you will probably need to practice, and depending on your skill, maybe re-do each level/boss a few times. Then you get to the last levels and it is boss rush time so you practically need to defeat each boss without getting hit.

I'm at the end of Mega Man Zero and the boss rush is why I took a break. I raged so much A-ranking each stage up to the boss rush point, that I decided to take a break so I didn't destroy my mind.
Ivo
Next-Gen

by Ivo Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:39 am

travis_stywall wrote:
Ivo wrote:If you don't care about rank they won't be that hard to finish, and if you care about rank you will probably need to practice, and depending on your skill, maybe re-do each level/boss a few times. Then you get to the last levels and it is boss rush time so you practically need to defeat each boss without getting hit.

I'm at the end of Mega Man Zero and the boss rush is why I took a break. I raged so much A-ranking each stage up to the boss rush point, that I decided to take a break so I didn't destroy my mind.

By the time you get there, having A-ranked each guy, your skills (as a player) have improved. It will still be hard to ranking highly of course, but it is not as "impossible" as it appears to be.

You can also get a lot of practice quick, as opposed to the usual levels where there is a lot of random enemies and platforming in the middle where you can also mess up.
Return to Platformers