Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
darsparx
Next-Gen

Re: Project Ukelele (Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor)!

by darsparx Sun May 03, 2015 11:22 am

I'd love to see more games from them after this. I'm funding it as soon as I get paid tuesday(I want that demo and either ps4/wii u version still debating which I want...). Plus a soundtrack there is no doubt i'm going to want that if they come out with one :lol:
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
9Volt
8-bit

by 9Volt Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:43 pm

The thing I am more excited about this game is offline multiplayer! :lol:
darsparx
Next-Gen

by darsparx Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:51 am

Which that would be impressive especially if they did especially on wii u support for gamecube or wii pro controllers(though don't know who I'd play with always play games alone)

My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Krejlooc
128-bit

by Krejlooc Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:12 am

Is this really the only Yooka-laylee topic on this board?

Anywho, I played the alpha yesterday that was released to backers, and it's wonderful! I played using a steam controller, which felt good - mapped jump to the right pad button, crouch to left trigger, roll to right trigger, and attack to the paddles. The right touchpad itself acted as mouse, and the stick worked as a normal analog stick.

They need to work on the camera a bit, it seemingly has a bunch of problems that old N64 platformers had, sometimes it'll get caught temporarily in a bad position until you move it around. Beyond that, it's great. The controls feel exactly like Banjo Kazooie, and the level design is impressive. There is much more platforming than in either Banjo 1 or 2. The writing and humor is spot on - the guide in the tutorial is Inept, a parody of Kinect. The way his eyes dart all over and looks at everything except you is funny to me, as is the sound effect they play when he talks. The aesthetics are spot on for Banjo Kazooie - the way characters talk, the fonts used, the cut-out style transitions. Everything about this screams Rare, even the new Playtonic Logo at the beginning (which is drawn with the classic Rare logo colors and dimension in-game). It really is Banjo Kazooie 3 with new characters.

Awesome, awesome demo, and I'm so glad I backed this. This is shaping up very well.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:16 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked, it's shaping up very nicely.
Damm64
Next-Gen

by Damm64 Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:04 pm

Playtonic made DK rap style video with Yooka Laylee... they outdone themselves. I dont know if i love or hate it or both at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mSzJj1c1z0
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:54 pm

So anybody played this yet?

I got my copy on gog from the kickstarter backing, but it won't be available for download for a few more days. Meanwhile I can only play it during easter vacation when I'm visiting my family in Greece, because I only have a mac with me in the Netherlands :lol: .

Good thing I bought a PS4 recently.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:11 pm

ZeroAX only comes back to talk about DKC and Rare related things? :P

I think it looks cool but it's got some negativity behind it around the net. I'll be anticipating your thoughts on it when you play some.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:13 pm

Xeogred wrote:ZeroAX only comes back to talk about DKC and Rare related things? :P

I think it looks cool but it's got some negativity behind it around the net. I'll be anticipating your thoughts on it when you play some.

The most negativity I've seen about it has to do with how it is essentially more Banjo-Kazooie. How they didn't reinvent the wheel for collectathons and how they did deliver exactly what the promised (more or less), with all the good and bad that goes with it. I still love those styles of games though, so I'm super excited :)
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:35 am

Xeogred wrote:ZeroAX only comes back to talk about DKC and Rare related things? :P

:lol: :oops: . What can I do man. Don't have much gaming time anymore :(.

PartridgeSenpai wrote:The most negativity I've seen about it has to do with how it is essentially more Banjo-Kazooie. How they didn't reinvent the wheel for collectathons and how they did deliver exactly what the promised (more or less), with all the good and bad that goes with it. I still love those styles of games though, so I'm super excited :)

loool. So basically because they delivered exactly what they promised? The only thing I would critisize them for about that, is if they kept Banjo Kazooie's "you have to play the entire level in one sitting for 100% completion" mechanic
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Return to Platformers