Drop Wizard, awesome arcade action on your iPhone

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Drop Wizard, awesome arcade action on your iPhone

Post by ZeroAX »

I just bought my first iphone and I was looking into the paid for games since I've heard great things about the iOS gaming scene compared to the Android market. I saw this game going for 99 cents and decided to buy it for its cute graphics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-euMbWdiyo

I was greatly impressed. It's an arcade single screen platformer that uses just 2 touch areas as input and the entire game and levels are designed to take full advantage of it. The game includes quick action, light puzzle solving (what's the best order to take out enemies in) and my favorite, freaking boss fights :D.

They use the 3 star scroing/rating system that most smartphone games use, but with a smart twist. The game is split into 6-7 worlds (don't remember how many exactly) each of which have 2 acts containing 5 single screen levels (the last one having a boss fight) and you get rated based on how well you do for the entire 5 level run. There are also online leaderboards for each seperate act.

So if anyone wants to play a platform game on their iPhone that's functional, this is the game for you :D
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Ghudda
128-bit

Re: Drop Wizard, awesome arcade action on your iPhone

Post by Ghudda »

Thanks for sharing, Zero. I just got an iPhone 6 for christmas and have been taking it as an opportunity to finally play some iOS Stuff so this greatly appeals. It's difficult to find gems in the app store since the "top charts" and what not cover only the most general stuff. I'll definitely give this a shot.

Really dig the vibrant colors. Makes me think of games like Magical Taruruuto-Kun for the MD
B/S/TCollectionYouTube

test3
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Looks like fun. I'll have to see if there is an Android version I can play.

Have you tried Rayman Jungle Run yet? It's the best platformer I've played on a mobile device yet!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rayman- ... 31449?mt=8
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

J T wrote:Looks like fun. I'll have to see if there is an Android version I can play.

Have you tried Rayman Jungle Run yet? It's the best platformer I've played on a mobile device yet!

I don't know, from the youtube videos it doesn't look like something I would enjoy
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

ZeroAX wrote:
J T wrote:Looks like fun. I'll have to see if there is an Android version I can play.

I don't know, from the youtube videos it doesn't look like something I would enjoy

Wow. Tough crowd.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Looks good. I'll give it a try. Have you seen Super Crate Box?

My opinion on mobile gaming has changed a lot over the last month or two. Yeah there's a lot of shit on the market but there's also so much that is absolutely excellent. Currently putting a lot of time into Monster Hunter, Hitman GO, and Pheonix Wright at the moment.

One of my favorite iOS games is an old one so I'm not sure how it will work on newer devices. It's called Hook Champ. Really rather fun and different as far as platformers go. It's well suited to touch screens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg9wJancHHw
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

Hmm, this looks like something I'd like. I'll download it when I eventually get around to buying iOS games instead of just playing ROMs on MAME. :lol:

Have you tried Meganoid? The controls aren't quite as simplistic as Drop Wizard, but they are simple and functional.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

J T wrote:Wow. Tough crowd.

:lol:

I'm the Dave of platformers so :P

Besides all that game does for me, is remind me that I still haven't purchased Rayman Legends :P
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

I also haven't played Legends yet. We both need to remedy that.

Jungle Run has a different feel from Origins though, despite looking graphically similar. It is basically an endless runner where you tap the screen to jump, but the level design is very complex and enjoyable, especially as you work your way into the latter stages. It's like playing Origins if you could just constantly hold the D-pad to the right and still make it through each stage. I usually hate platformers on touch screens, but Jungle Run works.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

J T wrote:I also haven't played Legends yet. We both need to remedy that.

Jungle Run has a different feel from Origins though, despite looking graphically similar. It is basically an endless runner where you tap the screen to jump, but the level design is very complex and enjoyable, especially as you work your way into the latter stages. It's like playing Origins if you could just constantly hold the D-pad to the right and still make it through each stage. I usually hate platformers on touch screens, but Jungle Run works.

Then I should check it out :).

By the way guys, if you are interested in Drop Wizard the time to buy it is now since they'll be raising the price in the future (don't know how much).