Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
User avatar
Xeogred
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 14375
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:49 pm
Location: KC

Re: Banjo Kazooie Series

by Xeogred Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:10 pm

ZeroAX wrote:Also I just remember, Xeo dafuq you dissing DKC3 on my thread? :lol: . Seriously if you consider it bloated you have to consider DKC2 too since they have almost the same exact features and collectibles :P

Dude, reread you DKC thread. I love DKC3, I just prefer the simplicity of the first two in comparison.
User avatar
ZeroAX
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7471
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Current: Amsterdam. From Greece

Re: Banjo Kazooie Series

by ZeroAX Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:09 pm

Xeogred wrote:
ZeroAX wrote:Also I just remember, Xeo dafuq you dissing DKC3 on my thread? :lol: . Seriously if you consider it bloated you have to consider DKC2 too since they have almost the same exact features and collectibles :P

Dude, reread you DKC thread. I love DKC3, I just prefer the simplicity of the first two in comparison.


I was actually just joking :P. I made a DKC thread too? Cool :D
Image
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
User avatar
Xeogred
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 14375
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:49 pm
Location: KC

Re: Banjo Kazooie Series

by Xeogred Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:16 pm

User avatar
ZeroAX
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7471
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Current: Amsterdam. From Greece

Re: Banjo Kazooie Series

by ZeroAX Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:36 pm

Xeogred wrote:You ... okay? :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=46940


I forgot I made that thread :lol:



Anyway guys I played a bit of the game...30 minutes to get to the first level....and with skipping the tutorials. Also, WHY SO MANY CUT-SCENES?

So far the first game seems superior. This feels...bloated....already.
Image
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
User avatar
Xeogred
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 14375
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:49 pm
Location: KC

Re: Banjo Kazooie Series

by Xeogred Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:42 pm

Time is of the essence.

You're just sounding like you want the first to be better. lol
User avatar
ZeroAX
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7471
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Current: Amsterdam. From Greece

Re: Banjo Kazooie Series

by ZeroAX Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:57 pm

Xeogred wrote:Time is of the essence.

You're just sounding like you want the first to be better. lol


I will keep playing, but come on man, pacing is a really important aspect of a video game.


I will give it another try tomorrow, but if I don't start having fun I might just finish my second playthrough of Freedom Planet instead ;).

(have you tried that game btw xeo? It's awesome and you will love it :D)
Image
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
User avatar
Xeogred
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 14375
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:49 pm
Location: KC

Re: Banjo Kazooie Series

by Xeogred Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:08 pm

What 3D platformer doesn't have a boring intro though? :lol:
(you're gonna say Kazooie aren't you?)

Nah never heard of Freedom Planet.
User avatar
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 19017
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Banjo Kazooie Series

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:12 pm

Never played these games, which is odd because I love the N64 and platformers.

I've always associated them with DK64 which I found to be a bloated mess.
User avatar
Sload Soap
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1887
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:43 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Banjo Kazooie Series

by Sload Soap Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:23 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Never played these games, which is odd because I love the N64 and platformers.

I've always associated them with DK64 which I found to be a bloated mess.


Nah, Banjo-Kazooie is much closer to Mario 64 in set up. I used to flip-flop on which game I preferred between the two, though I now think Mario 64 is the better game.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1693
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:35 am

Re: Banjo Kazooie Series

by casterofdreams Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:43 pm

I played Banjo Kazooie on the N64 back in the day and beat it. I didn't play Tooie though. I got em both on the 360 and Kazooie looks fantastic.
Return to Platformers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest