Banjo Kazooie Series

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: Banjo Kazooie Series

Post by ZeroAX »

Xeogred wrote:What 3D platformer doesn't have a boring intro though? :lol:
(you're gonna say Kazooie aren't you?)

Nah never heard of Freedom Planet.

:lol: . Actually I was going to mention Mario 64 ;). I guess Sunshine isn't too bad either....and damn it, you're not going to guilt me into shutting up, YEAH Banjo Kazooie too :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=47003

It's the best thing EVER. Download the demo. It's like Sonic meets Megaman.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Double post but oh well...

I don't want to bitch Xeo...the fundamentals of the game are really good. But instead of building on top of the first game, they seem to have chose to branch out all over the place.

Playing as Banjo and Kazooie is fun, but:

1) Why am I controlling Mambo Jumbo? And if I am controlling him, why is he not fun to play with? Why is the objective that involves him, just moving him to a plate to summon a giant, who again I just move around till I get to the 2 giant gates and kick them open?

2) The FPS section.....OH MY GOD

I have some thoughts on the level design itself too, but I will wait till I've played more of the game, since I didn't exactly go crazy for the first level in Banjo Kazooie either.

It's not terrible, but....this feels like it's Batman Returns to Banjo Kazooie's Batman.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
dogman91
128-bit

Post by dogman91 »

How is it going with the game so far?

I'd say with Banjo-Tooie you'd really have to WANT to play it and invest into it. Can't just think of it as a quick action game to beat in a couple weeks to get your fix. Thirty minutes to get to the first level sounds like the game is gonna be awesome to me.

That said, Banjo-Tooie probably my favorite game of all-time behind DKC2 and Ocarina of Time (it changes often). It's bloated yes, but bloated with really varied and high quality content, which in terms of that aspect, I think some people seem to overlook.

If you want to know about hacks and extra stuff, well..
http://grantkirkhope.bandcamp.com/album/bk-betas Beta Banjo-Kazooie Tunes!
http://gbatemp.net/threads/banjos-backp ... or.357846/ Banjo's Backpack, a tool for making custom levels with Banjo-Kazooie.
http://www.therwp.com/article/bottles-revenge-unlocked A GameShark code for unlocking a (complete) co-op/alternate gameplay mode in Banjo-Tooie that got disabled before the game's release.

off the top of my head, reasons why Banjo-Tooie is the bomb:
+Play as a freaking T-Rex
+Dragon fire-breathing Kazooie!
+New moves like separating Banjo and Kazooie in order to solve puzzles
+Many different gameplay types along with the platforming, such as the soccer minigames and FPS (which I thought was awesome)
+A HUGE world that is relatively non-linear and heavy on exploration, unlike every other 3D platformer I've personally played. Which yeah I guess that's where the backtracking comes in.
+Unique characters to interact with on EVERY level that are all genuinely amusing.
+Keeps ALL the old Banjo-Kazooie stuff like transforming into animals, jinjos, and the old moves and just adds on to it, not take it away. It also doesn't try to change the gameplay like Jak 2 or BK: Nuts and Bolts; it simply adds on to an awesome thing.
+Awesome new music from Grant Kirkhope, and improved art style.
+There's bosses now for each level!
+The worlds interconnect with each other, and doing certain things in certain levels unlocks blocked paths in other levels making everything seem connected and intertwined, not just going through the motions of getting from A to B. Same thing with doing favors for the characters, like for Bottle's kids, Boggy, the Jinjo's in Jinjo Village etc. And in terms of backtracking, often the passageway is right there and is a shortcut to the level; don't need to trek ALL the way back. Plus there's a train you get to access eventually to help you move along the hub world.
+Better than DK64.

Keep an open mind!
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Xeogred wrote:
The HD ports were really top notch, better framerates and such too.

Spot on - I loved playing these two games in HD on the 360. Wife and I spent a ton of hours with them.

I need to eventually get Perfect Dark HD. Are there any other Rare re-releases in HD on the 360?