Freedom Planet

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by ZeroAX »

I don't know guys....I always enjoyed large difficulty spikes at the END of the game (when it's in the middle it feels unbalanced). It's like the end of an epic journey and the final battle HAS to be something that will make your hands sweat. It's much better than the joke end bosses of Super Mario, Donkey Kong Country, Sonic 1 ect.

But I am very biased on this subject because not only do I love platform games, I LOVE this game and I LOVE its battle system (as Lylac and Carol). As I've said it plays like a sonic street fighter for me during the boss battles and that's something I really enjoy. I understand your gripes as technical notes, but as always I don't understand why you let something that's not a big part of the game ruin your enjoyment of it as a total.

Unless that's just how you express yourself and you just prefer to talk about the parts you disliked and don't feel the need to be apologetic ("oooh, X game is awesome and this and that are good, buuuuut..."), which I think is totally fine too, I'm just never sure where you are coming from cause I never thought of you as the "bitchy" type.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Freedom Planet is 50% off at gog.com right now for anyone looking to buy this:

http://www.gog.com/game/freedom_planet
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

woot, perfect game for playing on the gamepad. I'll probably buy it a second time once I get to buying a Wii U
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Nice, I don't have a Wii U but that's a good place for the game. I hope a lot of new people will discover it there.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Given the difficulty expectations for Wii U's platformers, they better add a lot of these to the game:

Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

:lol:

Didn't the bosses get a serious nerfing? I haven't played it since release.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

dsheinem wrote:Given the difficulty expectations for Wii U's platformers, they better add a lot of these to the game:

The one time I may appreciate it...
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Am I the only one who didn't have trouble beating the game on normal? :?

Though I guess the Carol playthrough was a bitch.

I wonder when they'll work on those extra playable characters.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

ZeroAX wrote:Am I the only one who didn't have trouble beating the game on normal? :?

Though I guess the Carol playthrough was a bitch.

I wonder when they'll work on those extra playable characters.

It was pretty difficult but I didn't find it nearly as brutal as most people. I'm not a fair judge though since the gameplay was pretty much tailor made for my gaming strengths as I'm sure it is yours too.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Gunstar Green wrote:It was pretty difficult but I didn't find it nearly as brutal as most people. I'm not a fair judge though since the gameplay was pretty much tailor made for my gaming strengths as I'm sure it is yours too.

yeah, being raised on Sonic and Megaman was like I was preparing for this all my life :lol: