Freedom Planet

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by ZeroAX »

Saw it's out on the Wii U. Are there any upgrades to this version? Also, any idea when we're getting the 2 other playable characters?
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

ZeroAX wrote:Saw it's out on the Wii U. Are there any upgrades to this version? Also, any idea when we're getting the 2 other playable characters?

I'll be getting this version, but I won't be able to tell since I didn't get deep into the PC original. Maybe there's a Youtube video describing the differences.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

ZeroAX wrote:Saw it's out on the Wii U. Are there any upgrades to this version? Also, any idea when we're getting the 2 other playable characters?

They nerfed some of the boss fights and such but I think they changed that for all versions.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

I started playing the Wii U version last week and got to the end of stage 2. It was quite fun and the levels are huge. I'll be picking this one back up again very soon.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
Duche

Post by Duche »

thanks for update :D
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

has anybody tried out the demo of the second game? I don't have a PC to try it out, but from the gameplay trailer it looks....bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0srnRj2BqVo

The original game looked like a Saturn Sonic game, this looks like a mobile Sonic game :cry:. And the level design doesn't seem as inspired as the first game. Fingers crossed that it's just a really badly put together trailer, but I won't hold me breath for this one. It's a shame really, because in many ways I liked the first one even more than the original Sonic games.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

How does it look bad? To me it looks a lot like the first one as far as gameplay goes.

I got the first one dirt cheap because of the Humble Nindie Bundle. I certainly got my money’s worth but I won’t be rushing to buy the sequel. I found it like Sonic, but not like the fun old Sonic games I love, more like the Sonic GBA and Sonic DS games that I consider only decent. I never beat it because the last level felt like a ridiculous difficulty spike.

Still, it was certainly the best 2d Sonic game since the DS ones, but with the superb Sonic Mania I feel like I don’t have any reason to play a Sonic clone anytime soon.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I think the gameplay looks fine. But I agree about the art. Something about going higher-resolution makes it look a bit off to me. I think with the increase in resolution the graphics need a commensurate increase in detail and shading, and a lot of the surfaces seem pretty flat and plain to me. Hopefully they'll be polishing it up a bit more; after all, it's still just a demo at this point. When's the release date again?
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Looks largely like more of the same to me. I don't see the problem. I'm not in any hurry to play a sequel though. I liked the first one but it wasn't something I felt I needed more of.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

ZeroAX wrote:has anybody tried out the demo of the second game? I don't have a PC to try it out, but from the gameplay trailer it looks....bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0srnRj2BqVo

The original game looked like a Saturn Sonic game, this looks like a mobile Sonic game :cry:. And the level design doesn't seem as inspired as the first game. Fingers crossed that it's just a really badly put together trailer, but I won't hold me breath for this one. It's a shame really, because in many ways I liked the first one even more than the original Sonic games.

:o

I loved the first one and it pains me to say it, but I'm with you on this one. Aesthetically, it's lost the charm of the original and has substituted the design for that of a soulless mobile or flash game. And yeah, the level design just doesn't look as good.

Edit: Ok, the above was based on the initial 30 seconds (silly me). After watching more, it's not that bad, I guess.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328