Freedom Planet

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: Freedom Planet

Post by ZeroAX »

Yes but then I have to also buy a Saturn controller xD. Maybe I will get a USB adapter for my SNEStor mega drive controllers instead
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Whoops, sorry dude, I thought you had a Saturn. :oops:

Well hey, you can't go wrong with the Genesis controller. It was perfection until the Saturn rolled around!

---

I've now completed this game with all 3 characters. Safe to say it sucked me in.

I need more games like this.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

WILD CATS ON MOTORCYCLES!!!

This is too surreal :lol: . And what's awesome is that this bike handles like a real character so unlike most platform game vehicles, this one is something you're really going to be looking forward to using. Though it is only available on the second character, and the first one is more fun to play as overall.

I keep checking my steam friends list, but it seems only 1 other person has this...come on people, what are you waiting for? :D
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Game beaten, this was so amazing. I was surprised it started as a sonic fan game. This could potentially be better than any of the sonic games. I need to replay it a couple....or 10 times to make sure though :).

One thing I didn't like was how long the levels were. They never got boring mind you, since the level design keeps throwing new and interesting things at you, but it got tiring when I just wanted to save and quit playing.

The other 2 characters didn't seem as much fun, wildcats on motorcycles notwithstanding.

Looking forward to the patches for Spade and the Commander as playable characters.

One last thing, I LOVED the boss battles. Making yourself invulnerable while attacking was a brilliant move since it creates a risk and reward mechanism, and it allows for some beautiful speed runs :).
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

ZeroAX wrote:come on people, what are you waiting for? :D

The GOG release, which just came out. :)

http://www.gog.com/game/freedom_planet
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

I'm a first time player. I'm two levels in and already in love. I'm not even a big Sonic fan, and I'm enjoying the hell out of this game.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

There's a demo on Steam now.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

ZeroAX wrote:Game beaten, this was so amazing. I was surprised it started as a sonic fan game. This could potentially be better than any of the sonic games. I need to replay it a couple....or 10 times to make sure though :).

One thing I didn't like was how long the levels were. They never got boring mind you, since the level design keeps throwing new and interesting things at you, but it got tiring when I just wanted to save and quit playing.

The other 2 characters didn't seem as much fun, wildcats on motorcycles notwithstanding.

Looking forward to the patches for Spade and the Commander as playable characters.

One last thing, I LOVED the boss battles. Making yourself invulnerable while attacking was a brilliant move since it creates a risk and reward mechanism, and it allows for some beautiful speed runs :).

I've completed the game now with Lilac, and started again with Carol. I fully agree with what you have written. This is to the 32-bit era what Shovel Knight is to the 8-bit era.

I died a lot on the later bosses:
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Um, is that 282 hours???

I was going to ask how long you guys would say this is, and what is the major differences between the two modes? Classic seems more ideal for me.

I jumped into the first level just to check it out and yeah, this game seems amazing. The lost Saturn platformer as a lot of people were saying. I am VERY picky about my indie games, but this looks and plays very authentically. I can tell I'll love this.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Its in minutes.

2-4 hours per character would be a typical first run. There are three characters, and you should definitely play all of them.

Classic mode is simply playing through the levels without the story.

The story is fun and well done though, its worth checking out.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.