Donkey Kong Country 3 fans UNITE

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: Donkey Kong Country 3 fans UNITE

Post by ZeroAX »

dogman91 wrote:My cousin REALLY had it bad back then; no Pokemon allowed because it was seen "encouraging to kill animals" and basically nothing that is even remotely violent was tolerated (so, pretty much, all video games). Didn't seem to matter anyway cuz now he's a drug addict. Good job, parents.

You should have told them that you'd play the original Sonic games a lot to balance it out :lol:

Xeogred wrote:Yikes on the second part, although Pokemon was kind of forbidden to me for awhile too... because evolution! Same with X-Men, that was one I was never allowed to get into, but Spiderman was fine. Of course I saw a lot of this stuff elsewhere with friends and all, so yeah...

My parents aren't very religious anymore at all either. Crazy parent phases ... lol

:lol: :lol:

I'm sorry, but if there's anything that would make me believe in god it would be a small lizard turning into a dragon in front of my eyes, and not the other way around :lol:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Can we please put a link to this thread on the main page? I regret nothing so much as missing out on this.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Flake wrote:Can we please put a link to this thread on the main page? I regret nothing so much as missing out on this.

:lol:

Here, have a big kong hug :D
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
dogman91
128-bit

Post by dogman91 »

The GBA music is actually pretty good IMO (just not AS good as the SNES DKC3 soundtrack, or basically anything else Dave Wise has ever done, but still). Sounds like crap on the GBA hardware.

Check out these leaked E3 versions of the GBA music in full quality:
http://www.dkvine.com/games/dkc3gba/e32005remixes.html

Plus theres some OC remixes featuring David Wise himself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl9kYRjo-rA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t52__IEs1Bk
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

I was playing DKC 2 the other day. Didn't realize there were lost levels. Are they all in one area or are they strewn throughout the game? Is that what you find when you pay kremcoins to cross that dude's bridge?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Jrecee wrote:I was playing DKC 2 the other day. Didn't realize there were lost levels. Are they all in one area or are they strewn throughout the game? Is that what you find when you pay kremcoins to cross that dude's bridge?

There's the Lost World, and all the levels are in there. However, you can only get to each level from individual words (you can't travel from level to level from within the Lost World). Yes, you need the Kremcoins to get in. Was is it, 15 coins per level? Something like that. If you don't wanna hunt all the coins, there's a neat little trick in the first level that will get you all the coins instantly, and it's easy to pull off. After you beat all the levels in the Lost World, the crock mouth opens and you fight K Rool a second time to get the last ending.

DKC3 has something similar, but once you get into the Lost World you can go from level to level. You still need to unlock them, but you don't have to bounce from world to world for each level. And it's the same deal, after you beat all the Lost World levels you get to fight K Rool again. Only in DKC3, there's a secret THIRD ending after you collect all the birds.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

The Lost World's are amazing, I just wish it wasn't so tedious to get through them with having to collect all the coins. It was the same deal for the Kong stages in Tropical Freeze, I never managed to find everything so I only played a few of them.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Ziggy587 wrote:DKC3 has something similar, but once you get into the Lost World you can go from level to level. You still need to unlock them, but you don't have to bounce from world to world for each level. And it's the same deal, after you beat all the Lost World levels you get to fight K Rool again. Only in DKC3, there's a secret THIRD ending after you collect all the birds.

That second K.Rool fight was just impossible for me. Making up for DKC1's pathetic K Rool fight rare? xD
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Xeogred wrote:The Lost World's are amazing, I just wish it wasn't so tedious to get through them with having to collect all the coins. It was the same deal for the Kong stages in Tropical Freeze, I never managed to find everything so I only played a few of them.

Well you can cheat to get all the coins in both DKC2 and 3. So at least you can play all the levels without having to worry about getting all the coins, which is nice.

ZeroAX wrote:That second K.Rool fight was just impossible for me. Making up for DKC1's pathetic K Rool fight rare? xD

It used to give me a lot of trouble when I was younger. But after figuring out you have to use the steel barrel to block the electric, it's not so hard. Definitely a lot harder than the first K Rool fight, for sure. But so is DKC2, IMO.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Retrogamer0001 wrote:The water level near the end of DKC3 where the controls are reversed is absolute hell - I must have died 15 times at least. It really requires you to re-program your mind and fight against every instinct you've developed up to that point.

I turn the controller around. :D

I suppose if you're playing in an emulator you could cheat and remap the buttons.