MegaMan X

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Re: MegaMan X

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

Weird, I don't find Chameleon that difficult either - I usually beat him second or third. It's all about anticipating where he's going to move with his invisibility. About ten charged-up X-busters will kill him.

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I'm with Retrogamer on Chill Penguin. I always go for him first because his stage has the boots. I love the intro stage for MMX, but it's awkward as heck not being able to dash, which is there from the start in the other games. I'm constantly comboing jump/dash in these games so it's unnatural without those boots. Wall hugging and jumping is essential to use too in the series, which helps a bit fighting Chill Penguin.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Xeogred wrote:I'm constantly comboing jump/dash in these games so it's unnatural without those boots. Wall hugging and jumping is essential to use too in the series, which helps a bit fighting Chill Penguin.

I'm always bending my thumb sideways to hit the jump and dash buttons together in this game, constantly.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Godot102
64-bit

Post by Godot102 »

ExedExes wrote:
Xeogred wrote:I'm constantly comboing jump/dash in these games so it's unnatural without those boots. Wall hugging and jumping is essential to use too in the series, which helps a bit fighting Chill Penguin.

I'm always bending my thumb sideways to hit the jump and dash buttons together in this game, constantly.

This is why I like playing it on the X-collection. I like mapping the dash button to R2. To me, that feels much more comfortable. or I use the SF anniversary 6-button pad. Circle and X are close enough to each other that I can actually hit both with my thumb :D
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

Godot102 wrote:
ExedExes wrote:I'm always bending my thumb sideways to hit the jump and dash buttons together in this game, constantly.

This is why I like playing it on the X-collection. I like mapping the dash button to R2. To me, that feels much more comfortable. or I use the SF anniversary 6-button pad. Circle and X are close enough to each other that I can actually hit both with my thumb :D

I never found dash jumping to be a problem. :?
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

You can remap the buttons in the SNES version too.
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Haha, yeah I do that too with the thumb bending. The only other game out there I hold the controller similarly with would be Super Metroid, since you eventually find out running is necessary in some parts so I keep that button pinned down. Nowadays I do map the running button to one of the shoulder buttons if possible, I think I did that when I emulated the Megaman Zero games and played them with a controller too.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Valkyrie-Favor wrote:You can remap the buttons in the SNES version too.

Yes. I've always remapped the dash to the R button. It's a thousand times better.
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

OP, did you ever beat the game?
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

Valkyrie-Favor wrote:OP, did you ever beat the game?

...I don't think he's coming back :mrgreen:

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"