MegaMan X

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
CaptainSodaPop

MegaMan X

Post by CaptainSodaPop »

I started playing this game and it's bosses are driving me crazy.

I can't even beat the Penguin. -_-

How can I improve my skills? Will the bosses get easier if I get the heart containers and other upgrades? :)
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: MegaMan X

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Practice. How good are you at avoiding being hit?
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Post by fvgazi »

Generally you need to know the best order to fight the bosses. Penguin is usually #1 that you want to defeat. Megaman also requires memorization and practice. Don't worry, I love Megaman games, but I still suck at them. Eventually you'll get good with practice.
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Megaman has always been about one thing, pattern recognition. The most difficult part of the game is understanding the boss patterns, as well as getting the ball rolling by beating your first robot master and getting a new weapon.

Practice really does make perfect and there is rhyme and reason to their movements and attacks. It is simply understanding what they are going to do and how you should move to dodge. Understanding your character and how they move helps as well, sliding, jumping, wall jumping are all important things to familiarize yourself with to get better.

It takes time, but it is not impossible. We can't be Megaman Masters in a day.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Megaman has always been about one thing, pattern recognition. The most difficult part of the game is understanding the boss patterns, as well as getting the ball rolling by beating your first robot master and getting a new weapon.

Practice really does make perfect and there is rhyme and reason to their movements and attacks. It is simply understanding what they are going to do and how you should move to dodge. Understanding your character and how they move helps as well, sliding, jumping, wall jumping are all important things to familiarize yourself with to get better.

It takes time, but it is not impossible. We can't be Megaman Masters in a day.

Mega Man X is tough, but just try Mega Man X2 and X3...VERY difficult. I beat X2 over the summer but had to resort to Youtube for a few things. Don't give up though, they're brilliant games.

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Shoot the core.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Xeogred wrote:Shoot the core.

Psh, wrong game. You need to cast fast first so you can take extra turns and hit him with meteo.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Simple: don't start with him.

This has been my go to order for years

Eagle > Mammoth > Penguin > Mandrill > Armadillo > Octopus > Kuwanger > Chameleon

It works out because the Chameleon Sting is Eagle's weakness in the boss re-visit later in the game.

Getting all the upgrades (hearts, accessories, subtanks) first and then dying in the stages you find them in helps too. Get the boots in Penguin, find the helmet in Eagle, the X-Buster is in Mammoth and the special armor is in Chameleon stage.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

ExedExes wrote:Simple: don't start with him.

This has been my go to order for years

Eagle > Mammoth > Penguin > Mandrill > Armadillo > Octopus > Kuwanger > Chameleon

It works out because the Chameleon Sting is Eagle's weakness in the boss re-visit later in the game.

Getting all the upgrades (hearts, accessories, subtanks) first and then dying in the stages you find them in helps too. Get the boots in Penguin, find the helmet in Eagle, the X-Buster is in Mammoth and the special armor is in Chameleon stage.

Flame Mammoth's stage is iced over after beating Chill Penguin, although the Mammoth himself is weak against Boomer Kuwanger's Cutter (cuts off his trunk) and Storm Eagle's Tornado (douses his flames).

Personally I find Chill Penguin to be the easiest to beat without any extra weapons.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Same, plus I think it's crucial to go with Chill Penguin first for the boots upgrade.

But that's how I masterfully play the X games, remap the buttons if necessary, but it's essential to learn how to constantly dash+jump/wall jump all over the place. This is what completely changes the mechanics from the original series for me.