Super Metroid

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: Super Metroid

Post by ZeroAX »

optmusprimenumber wrote:Speaking of which... how bout the wall jumping in Samus Returns? It's like they think gamers don't like to actually TRY.

Context please? :)
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

Post by optmusprimenumber »

"I had that with how I really masterred the wall jump in mario 64 and then they made it so easy in sunshine, taking away that feeling of being a pro :lol:"

:)
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Sorry I meant to say: just how easy to do is it in samus returns? Does it end up being like megaman x, that you stick to the wall basically?
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

Post by optmusprimenumber »

ZeroAX wrote:Sorry I meant to say: just how easy to do is it in samus returns? Does it end up being like megaman x, that you stick to the wall basically?

It doesn't require the properly timed directional input. It's basically exactly like Other M's kick-climbing... meh ...plus it launches you away from the wall so you can't ninja up one wall like in Super or Zero Mission or Fusion
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

Yeah I actually found myself disappointed with how easy the wall jump was too. You get into such a good rhythm with the super Metroid wall jump. Making it easy takes all the fun away.

I never actually noticed that the wall jump in Sunshine is easier than Mario 64. I had just an easy a time with either as I recall (but I played a lot of Mario 64 as a kid). I’ll have to compare those later.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

I played this for half an hour yesterday and got nowhere :| . I'm stuck near what I think is the end of the game (getting to the area that you go through the ripley head entrance), but I really don't want to look up a walkthrough. I want to beat this game the old school way.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

If you are where I think you are based on that description, then I have some advice that isn't explicit that is inside the spoiler tag:

Try something stupid.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

MrPopo wrote:If you are where I think you are based on that description, then I have some advice that isn't explicit that is inside the spoiler tag:

Try something stupid.

If you mean jump into the laval to get underneath the path and reach the ripley entrance, already done that, I'm stuck in the area once you go down the elevator....any other spoiler free hints? :lol:
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

So you're in Lower Norfair? With a music change. If that's where you're at, you want to go left coming off of the elevator. This is a gauntlet styled area that isn't too complex but you want to constantly shoot some suspicious looking blocks and areas in between doors along with having power bombs ready to use often in this area.

Let me know when you finish this area. There's one really cool secret area that's one of the trickier ones to find, at least it was for me growing up.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

I've found this weird chozo statue that's stuck in a bunch of rocks that I can't get out of, but I will try it out with the hints you guys gave me so far and see what I can do. Thanks :)