Shovel Knight

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: Shovel Knight

Post by ZeroAX »

flex wood wrote:Just bought it on steam I'm excited to get into it.

aw man, buy gog. DRM free + free wallpapers and avatars + cheaper
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

after beating the new Wolfenstein I wanted to switch gears. Bit on this instead of waiting for sale. 45 mins... and holy shiz, it's fantastic!
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

noiseredux wrote:after beating the new Wolfenstein I wanted to switch gears. Bit on this instead of waiting for sale. 45 mins... and holy shiz, it's fantastic!

I know right! I played for a bit last night after getting it and it's just so good. Weird part for me was that I had torrented the game and played for about an hour then uninstalled it but when I loaded it up on steam last night my save was still there. I didn't even know that was possible.

@zero yea I should have gotten it on gog but just wasn't thinking. Lately I've been trying to avoid supporting steam. I guess I just don't really understand why everyone has such a hardon for them. They seem like a bad publisher to me lately. I do prefer buying things that activate on steam though just because it makes more sense to keep everything in one place but I usually try to go through amazon or gmg. Amazon almost always matches steam prices and gmg always has the cheapest pre order prices. Although when gog galaxy comes out all bets are off.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

holy balls this game is awesome
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:holy balls this game is awesome
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

flex wood wrote:
noiseredux wrote:after beating the new Wolfenstein I wanted to switch gears. Bit on this instead of waiting for sale. 45 mins... and holy shiz, it's fantastic!

I know right! I played for a bit last night after getting it and it's just so good. Weird part for me was that I had torrented the game and played for about an hour then uninstalled it but when I loaded it up on steam last night my save was still there. I didn't even know that was possible.

As long as it installed to the same directory and the uninstall left the saves behind.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

flex wood wrote:@zero yea I should have gotten it on gog but just wasn't thinking. Lately I've been trying to avoid supporting steam. I guess I just don't really understand why everyone has such a hardon for them. They seem like a bad publisher to me lately. I do prefer buying things that activate on steam though just because it makes more sense to keep everything in one place but I usually try to go through amazon or gmg. Amazon almost always matches steam prices and gmg always has the cheapest pre order prices. Although when gog galaxy comes out all bets are off.

They're better than all the console publishers, but simply put since they have an almost monopoly, the competition has to try a lot harder, which ends up in benefits for us :)
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I'll admit to liking Steam over GOG sometimes, because it's kind of like... a system in its own just kind of nice to have everything there. Instead of folders cause I'm lazy or something?

Stoked for GOG Galaxy though, yup. I won't look back then. There's easily things I hate about Steam, always online, and I would NEVER go to them for old ports that are usually horribly optimized and such (Doom), etc.

Competition is good, it's going to hit Steam harder than some might suspect I bet.

I went with Shovel Knight on the Wii U myself. It felt right, to play the successor to Megaman/NES as a whole... on a Nintendo platform!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

so who else is playing? Loving it. Just made it to the Tower of Fate.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

so I beat it, and it was incredible. Let's talk s'more about how good this game is guys! C'mon!

@Everyone not playing it: PLAY IT!