Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
User avatar
ZeroAX
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7471
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Current: Amsterdam. From Greece

Re: Shovel Knight

by ZeroAX Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:10 am

flex wood wrote:Just bought it on steam I'm excited to get into it.


aw man, buy gog. DRM free + free wallpapers and avatars + cheaper
Image
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 37703
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Shovel Knight

by noiseredux Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:05 pm

after beating the new Wolfenstein I wanted to switch gears. Bit on this instead of waiting for sale. 45 mins... and holy shiz, it's fantastic!
Image
User avatar
flex wood
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2701
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:53 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Shovel Knight

by flex wood Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:23 pm

noiseredux wrote:after beating the new Wolfenstein I wanted to switch gears. Bit on this instead of waiting for sale. 45 mins... and holy shiz, it's fantastic!

I know right! I played for a bit last night after getting it and it's just so good. Weird part for me was that I had torrented the game and played for about an hour then uninstalled it but when I loaded it up on steam last night my save was still there. I didn't even know that was possible.

@zero yea I should have gotten it on gog but just wasn't thinking. Lately I've been trying to avoid supporting steam. I guess I just don't really understand why everyone has such a hardon for them. They seem like a bad publisher to me lately. I do prefer buying things that activate on steam though just because it makes more sense to keep everything in one place but I usually try to go through amazon or gmg. Amazon almost always matches steam prices and gmg always has the cheapest pre order prices. Although when gog galaxy comes out all bets are off.
User avatar
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 18595
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Shovel Knight

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:26 pm

holy balls this game is awesome
User avatar
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5349
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:55 pm
Location: Central Valley, California

Re: Shovel Knight

by dunpeal2064 Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:03 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:holy balls this game is awesome
User avatar
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:12 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Shovel Knight

by Gunstar Green Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:40 pm

flex wood wrote:
noiseredux wrote:after beating the new Wolfenstein I wanted to switch gears. Bit on this instead of waiting for sale. 45 mins... and holy shiz, it's fantastic!

I know right! I played for a bit last night after getting it and it's just so good. Weird part for me was that I had torrented the game and played for about an hour then uninstalled it but when I loaded it up on steam last night my save was still there. I didn't even know that was possible.


As long as it installed to the same directory and the uninstall left the saves behind.
User avatar
ZeroAX
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7471
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Current: Amsterdam. From Greece

Re: Shovel Knight

by ZeroAX Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:38 pm

flex wood wrote:@zero yea I should have gotten it on gog but just wasn't thinking. Lately I've been trying to avoid supporting steam. I guess I just don't really understand why everyone has such a hardon for them. They seem like a bad publisher to me lately. I do prefer buying things that activate on steam though just because it makes more sense to keep everything in one place but I usually try to go through amazon or gmg. Amazon almost always matches steam prices and gmg always has the cheapest pre order prices. Although when gog galaxy comes out all bets are off.


They're better than all the console publishers, but simply put since they have an almost monopoly, the competition has to try a lot harder, which ends up in benefits for us :)
Image
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
User avatar
Xeogred
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 14295
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:49 pm
Location: KC

Re: Shovel Knight

by Xeogred Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:53 pm

I'll admit to liking Steam over GOG sometimes, because it's kind of like... a system in its own just kind of nice to have everything there. Instead of folders cause I'm lazy or something?

Stoked for GOG Galaxy though, yup. I won't look back then. There's easily things I hate about Steam, always online, and I would NEVER go to them for old ports that are usually horribly optimized and such (Doom), etc.

Competition is good, it's going to hit Steam harder than some might suspect I bet.

I went with Shovel Knight on the Wii U myself. It felt right, to play the successor to Megaman/NES as a whole... on a Nintendo platform!
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 37703
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Shovel Knight

by noiseredux Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:42 pm

so who else is playing? Loving it. Just made it to the Tower of Fate.
Image
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 37703
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Shovel Knight

by noiseredux Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:30 am

so I beat it, and it was incredible. Let's talk s'more about how good this game is guys! C'mon!

@Everyone not playing it: PLAY IT!
Image
Return to Platformers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests