Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
User avatar
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6495
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:51 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Shovel Knight

by Jmustang1968 Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Opa Opa wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:I've seen Souls often considered a throwback to the NES era of game design, maybe that's what they're thinking with that comparison?

I think the Souls titles have more in common with roguelikes than NES games...

Shovel Knight looks like Mega Man to me.


The different boss types is probably the only real similarity with Mega Man (on a macro level, they are both 2d platformers)

The actual gameplay is DuckTalesvania
AppleQueso
 

Re: Shovel Knight

by AppleQueso Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:21 pm

Opa Opa wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:I've seen Souls often considered a throwback to the NES era of game design, maybe that's what they're thinking with that comparison?

I think the Souls titles have more in common with roguelikes than NES games...

Shovel Knight looks like Mega Man to me.


How many average gamers even know what a roguelike is?
User avatar
CavZee
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:53 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Shovel Knight

by CavZee Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:49 pm

I've seen screenshots of actual towns and people to talk to so there's some Zelda II in there too for sure.

Launch trailer!

http://www.yachtclubgames.com/wp-conten ... _60FPS.mp4
Steam/NNID: CavZee PSN: I_CavZee_I
3DS FC: 5456-0768-7231
Opa Opa
 

Re: Shovel Knight

by Opa Opa Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:28 am

This comes out today. I checked the 3DS eshop and it isn't available to purchase yet.

I'm still waiting on a sale though. :p
User avatar
flex wood
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2701
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:53 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Shovel Knight

by flex wood Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:20 pm

Opa Opa wrote:This comes out today. I checked the 3DS eshop and it isn't available to purchase yet.

I'm still waiting on a sale though. :p

I wish I had your strength. I heard that it released yesterday to backers and I've been hearing nothing but awesome stuff about it.
User avatar
ZeroAX
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7471
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:20 am
Location: Current: Amsterdam. From Greece

Re: Shovel Knight

by ZeroAX Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:43 pm

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/shpd52/shovel-knight-review

The video for the review makes the game seem really fun :)
Image
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 23041
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Shovel Knight

by dsheinem Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:01 pm

so, if you have the option, which is the version to get?
User avatar
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6495
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:51 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Shovel Knight

by Jmustang1968 Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:05 pm

dsheinem wrote:so, if you have the option, which is the version to get?


I am getting mine on the Wii U, but I suppose 3DS would be a good platform as well.
User avatar
Hazerd
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 3380
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: Shovel Knight

by Hazerd Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:07 pm

Cant decide where to get this, and i have all the platforms that support it :?

GOG? Steam? Wii U?

blah!
Image
Image
User avatar
Stark
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9580
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm
Location: Low Overhead Marysville, WA

Re: Shovel Knight

by Stark Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:07 pm

Jmustang1968 wrote:
dsheinem wrote:so, if you have the option, which is the version to get?


I am getting mine on the Wii U, but I suppose 3DS would be a good platform as well.

Going for 3DS myself, wish there was cross-buy, but whatever.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Return to Platformers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest