Mickey Mania

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
disorderlyvision
128-bit

Mickey Mania

Post by disorderlyvision »

This game is awesome The first half of this game is awesome. I can't get past the stupid Moose Hunters level where you get chased by moose and have to run towards the tv screen...yet, So I can't really comment on the 2nd half of the game.

Were their games before Mickey Mania that had similar levels to this? It is probably the earliest version of this type of level I have played. I have seen it more in games after i.e. the Crash Bandicoot games, sonic and the secret rings has a stage etc.

I thought the first level was fairly unique. I haven't played in any black and white stages that I can recall.

The enemies are mostly cool ( I hate flying enemies in almost all games!)

These dudes pull their heads off and blow up like a grenade.

Even with Pluto warning you it is hard to jump over the moose without getting hit.

Overall, the controls are good enough. The level design is fun, though I am starting to loathe moose. Despite being a Mickey Mouse game, it is actually fairly challenging. Now if I can just outrun the Goddamned moose so I can enjoy the rest of the game!!
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Re: Mickey Mania

Post by CFFJR »

I love Mickey Mania, fantastic game, though it does get tougher from where you're at.

Are you making sure to collect the apples during the moose chase? You'll slow down if you don't.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
disorderlyvision
128-bit

Post by disorderlyvision »

CFFJR wrote:I love Mickey Mania, fantastic game, though it does get tougher from where you're at.

Are you making sure to collect the apples during the moose chase? You'll slow down if you don't.

Yeah it took me a few runs to notice that apples kept your speed up, but I usually slow down jumping over the spikes or some nonsense and get stampeded.

And I don't mind if it get's tougher as long as it is actual platforming levels. i wish they would have left the running from the moose section out. I don't even care for those type of stages in Crash Bandicoot games and they usually pull them off fairly well.
Duane Dibbley
128-bit

Post by Duane Dibbley »

disorderlyvision wrote:Were their games before Mickey Mania that had similar levels to this? It is probably the earliest version of this type of level I have played. I have seen it more in games after i.e. the Crash Bandicoot games, sonic and the secret rings has a stage etc.

Looks like Mickey Mania came out a couple months earlier, but The Lion King has a similar level. What designer thought it would be a good idea to have the player dodging objects coming from in front of the screen?
My games for sale: Racketboy, Amazon, eBay
My systems: NES, Nintendo 64, GameCube (Game Boy Player), Wii / Game & Watch: Ball, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP (x2), Nintendo DSi / Genesis (Sega CD, 32X), Saturn / Game Gear / PlayStation, PlayStation 2 / Xbox / Mac (Windows PC) / iPhone, iPad
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

I rented it as a kid and got to the same point as you. The lion king is waay harder though, and after cheating and checking out some later levels, realized there wasnt even a good reason to struggle through to see them.