Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Re: Skyblazer

by Bradtemple87 Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:40 pm

I have been playing it in small bits as well.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:25 pm

I need to get my hands on a physical copy of this game. I'm actually the one that put this game in the Top 200 SNES thread. It's great!
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Protronrob
16-bit

by Protronrob Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:51 pm

This game is awesome!
I paid 4 bucks for a copy with no idea what it was about a year ago and spent the next 3 days rocking through it

The multiple styles of gameplay make it tons of fun.
there is sidescrolling parts that are like a cross between demons crest and megaman

there are sidescrolling shooter stages that are super easy but change it up

The level design in this game is amazing, it feels rewarding to make to to the boss

overall the game is enjoyable without making you pull your hair out
NES,SNES,VB,64,GC,Wii,GEN1,GEN2,DC,XBOX,360,PS1,PS2,GB,GBC,GBSP,DS,PSP,3DS,GG
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:35 am

I was just watching a gameplay video of this game and noticed something... it looks an awful lot like Hook for the SNES. The animations, level design and game graphics, etc, and definitely the map. Both games are by Sony Imagesoft, I'm guessing they use the same core engine.

And if that's the case, I definitely wanna try this game out because I like Hook. Only thing, I'm guessing this game has no save or password feature? Hook didn't.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!
Protronrob
16-bit

by Protronrob Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:01 am

there some type of save feature you dont have to beat the whole thing in one sitting

i cant remember if it is a password or an actual save though
NES,SNES,VB,64,GC,Wii,GEN1,GEN2,DC,XBOX,360,PS1,PS2,GB,GBC,GBSP,DS,PSP,3DS,GG
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

by RyaNtheSlayA Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:29 pm

o.pwuaioc wrote:I saw this in the top 200 SNES thread, and I gotta say, WOW! I haven't finished it yet, but it's definitely holding my interest. It's well-crafted, the music is unusual (in a good sense), the graphics are good, the controls are tight, the gameplay is super fun (reminds me a bit of Rocket Knight Adventures). Anyone else play this hidden gem?

I haven't and still don't have much interest in the SNES, and I don't really care for it's sound chip, but damn that song is great. 8)
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Protronrob wrote:there some type of save feature you dont have to beat the whole thing in one sitting

i cant remember if it is a password or an actual save though

Hook (SNES) came out in 1992, and Skyblazer in 1994. So I'm assuming they took the game engine and modified it for Skyblazer. Glad they added a password or save feature.

This game looks great, I think I'll pick up a copy myself. If it does indeed use the same engine as Hook, I would assume the physics are either identical or (if they tweaked it a little) very similar. So I should be comfortable playing it right off the bat.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:47 pm

^They added passwords for sure. Now I want to go get Hook. :D
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:41 pm

Hook is one of my favorite platformers on the SNES. Like I said, it doesn't have a password or save function, which normally pisses me off. But I've played it a million times when I was a kid, so I can play through it pretty easily now.

I wanna pick up Skyblazer, but all the copies on eBay are $10 and up. :?

pakopako
Next-Gen

by pakopako Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:44 pm

It's still better than paying for Demon's Crest... which I think is the next progression from Hook and Skyblazer.
My scheduling skills have died of dysentery; I hope to visit at least on a monthly basis.
Still, don't forget to tip your waitress.
Return to Platformers