Scarygirl (PSN)

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Scarygirl (PSN)

Post by noiseredux »

Has anybody checked out the new Scarygirl game on PSN? Looks to be a pretty impressive platformer. This is the sequel the PSMini release from last year I guess. But this one actually was published by Square, and seems to be a bigger game with larger budget.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Scarygirl (PSN)

Post by noiseredux »

I downloaded the demo and I don't think I like it all that much.
sabrage
Next-Gen

Post by sabrage »

I keep getting this game mixed up with Skullgirls... Which looks much more exciting.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

sabrage wrote:I keep getting this game mixed up with Skullgirls... Which looks much more exciting.

haha yeah, very different games. Scarygirl is a platformer, and this is the 2nd game in the series. The first being a PSMini released last year. I think my problem with the demo is that you're thrown into the first level which requires a tutorial to learn all these various moves. It's kind of daunting. I think platformers should be like SMW where you basically learn one move at a time at appropriate parts of levels. Not like "ok, you can do like 10 things with your tentacle arm, and here's all the button combos... memorize that shit NOW."

Skullgirls BTW I got to play a year ago at PAX East. Obviously an early, early build. But it seemed badass. Sort of had an Arcana Hearts feel to it (not just in the "girls" roster, but in the floatiness of the controls). Certainly I'm on board to grab that one, as it's a new 2D fighter and the amount of time and effort the devs have put into perfecting it shows they really care about a quality product.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Scarygirl was a free flash game first:

http://www.scarygirl.com/world.php

It first came out several years ago and it was the first browser-based game where I was really impressed by its graphics.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry