Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Re: MegaMan X4 is handing my ASS to me

by GameMasterGuy Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:22 pm

Due to X6 and X7 sucking, as well as X5's endings tying in well with Zero 1, I used to think the same way. Then X8 came out. All was well.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
Flake

by Flake Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:34 pm

GameMasterGuy wrote:Due to X6 and X7 sucking, as well as X5's endings tying in well with Zero 1, I used to think the same way. Then X8 came out. All was well.

Really? I kinda sorta hate X8 with a fiery passion. I guess I assumed it was the universal opinion.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

by GameMasterGuy Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:49 pm

X8 had unbalanced characters, a meh soundtrack besides a few amazing exceptions, and two very gimmicky stages, but besides those flaws, it's very fun, and the shop system is great.
Flake

by Flake Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:52 pm

GameMasterGuy wrote:X8 had unbalanced characters, a meh soundtrack besides a few amazing exceptions, and two very gimmicky stages, but besides those flaws, it's very fun, and the shop system is great.

Lol, those are some huge caveats! And the store was great...but the grinding was too much. I have always had to just go ahead and glitch the store to get the necessary metals.
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

by GameMasterGuy Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Yeah, they certainly don't let it get as good as 1-3, but X4 and X5 were just as flawed as it. It may not be OMG BEST GAME EVAR material, but it's still fun. Unlike X7. Oh dear God no not X7.
Flake

by Flake Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:03 pm

GameMasterGuy wrote:Yeah, they certainly don't let it get as good as 1-3, but X4 and X5 were just as flawed as it. It may not be OMG BEST GAME EVAR material, but it's still fun. Unlike X7. Oh dear God no not X7.

I agree that X8 is not as bad as X7 though that is no more difficult than admitting that maybe the sky looks a little 'bluish'.

I gotta say, though: X4 and the word 'Flaws' in the same sentence begs clarification. Details, good sir?
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

by GameMasterGuy Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:06 pm

X's story being extremely meh compared to Zero's, awful voice acting, a boss being nerfed by ride armor, inventing ultimate armor, easier levels, unbalanced bosses, awful redesign of the sub-tank system.
Flake

by Flake Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:08 pm

GameMasterGuy wrote:X's story being extremely meh compared to Zero's, awful voice acting, a boss being nerfed by ride armor, inventing ultimate armor, easier levels, unbalanced bosses, awful redesign of the sub-tank system.

Lol:

Awful re-design of sub tanks? All they did was subtract two to raise the difficulty.

Awful voice acting? What game had good voice acting at the time? The jp version was alright.

Boss being nerfed by ride armor? Only if you wanted him to be.

Ultimate armor? Again, optional.

Easier levels? Compared to?

Unbalanced bosses? Again, compared to?
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

by GameMasterGuy Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:16 pm

Flake wrote:
GameMasterGuy wrote:X's story being extremely meh compared to Zero's, awful voice acting, a boss being nerfed by ride armor, inventing ultimate armor, easier levels, unbalanced bosses, awful redesign of the sub-tank system.

Lol:

Awful re-design of sub tanks? All they did was subtract two to raise the difficulty.
And the inclusion of a nooby weapons subtank. And the inclusion of a pointless extra life subtank.

Awful voice acting? What game had good voice acting at the time? The jp version was alright.
We're talking about Megaman, not Rockman.

Boss being nerfed by ride armor? Only if you wanted him to be.
Meh, guess you have a point there.

Ultimate armor? Again, optional.
It has breeded so many noobs it's not even funny. Most "fans" have only beaten the game with it >_>

Easier levels? Compared to?

X1-3.

Unbalanced bosses? Again, compared to?

X1-3.
Flake

by Flake Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:19 pm

I will definitely grant you the 'unbalanced' levels and bosses when compared to X3. I cannot argue with that. Even today, shifting from any X game to X3 is always a rude awakening.

As for the noobs...well at least they quiet down when you mention beating the game armor-less. I like the way the crutches in X4 were implemented. A nice, totally optional way for players to adjust their own difficulty that was not as lame as just going into a menu and toggling it.
Return to Platformers