Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 Announced

by Jrecee Sun May 27, 2012 8:25 pm

ZeroAX wrote:
dreamcast4ever83 wrote:Honestly it may not be sonic cd but can you really hold it up to that high of standards? That was at sonic's prime.

Because exactly there is a set working formula which SEGA fails to replicate. And Sonic Advance came out in 2001 and it still rocked (and it the only post Mega Drive Sonic game that got the formula right again imo)

You didn't like Sonic Advance 3? I know the second one completely changed the formula but I thought that the third was pretty good.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Sun May 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Jrecee wrote:
Xeogred wrote:Seriously, let Nintendo or Retro Studios develop a Sonic game. It'd probably be glorious.

(then of course, we'll have people complaining that it's "the same formula" and crap). :P

I'd argue for Naughty Dog. Playing Jak 2 there were parts I was thinking, "these guys really wish they were making a sonic game".

Oh god, please no. They'd make a terrible Sonic game. Naughty dog forgot how to make good platform games ages ago. I'd have more faith in Insomniac or Sucker Punch.

I'm afraid to play this, given how crappy Episode 1 was. Part of me wishes Sonic Generations had been the final Sonic game. It was a tribute to the whole franchise and would have been such a good send off given how good it was.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

by CFFJR Mon May 28, 2012 12:13 am

Gamer, if you're interested, here's a pretty detailed review of the game from Sonic Stadium.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2012/05/tss-review-sonic-the-hedgehog-4-episode-ii/

I mostly agree with him, though I think I liked the music more than he did (some of it is good, some is pretty bad) and, as I said earlier, I quite enjoy the co-op mode.

Its relevant reading at least.

I understand why people are having a problem with the game, especially when you consider the legend that is Generations. But I honestly really like it, and its such a huge improvement over Episode 1 that's its almost funny.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Mon May 28, 2012 12:17 am

dreamcast4ever83 wrote:Honestly it may not be sonic cd but can you really hold it up to that high of standards? That was at sonic's prime.

Sonic Generations only came out a few months ago and it proves that high quality 2D Sonic can still be done.

Sonic 4 Ep 2 has no excuse.
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

by GameMasterGuy Mon May 28, 2012 12:19 am

AppleQueso wrote:

Sonic Generations only came out a few months ago and it proves that high quality 2D Sonic can still be done.

Sonic 4 Ep 2 has no excuse.

Dimps itself is a good enough excuse.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
Flicky

by Flicky Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:16 pm

I think Dimps forget how to make good Sonic levels. :/

They're finally getting somewhere but they reallllyyyy need to stop putting boosters and springs all over the place. Lazy design if you ask me. White Park Act 2 is literally hold right to win.
Flake

by Flake Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:32 pm

From now on, when I want to play a true successor to Sonic 3...I'll just pop in Sonic 4dvance.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:42 pm

Flake wrote:From now on, when I want to play a true successor to Sonic 3...I'll just pop in Sonic 4dvance.

Damn straight. Only one stupid character in that game. I think its only weakness is that it doesn't have a killer soundtrack like the Mega Drive games :(
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

by GameMasterGuy Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Flake wrote:From now on, when I want to play a true successor to Sonic 3...I'll just pop in Sonic & Knuckles.

Fix'd.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:59 pm

GameMasterGuy wrote:
Flake wrote:From now on, when I want to play a true successor to Sonic 3...I'll just pop in Sonic & Knuckles.

Fix'd.

Win.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Return to Platformers