Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 Announced

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 Announced

Post by CFFJR »

CFFJR wrote:
They've released (a few days ago) the first gameplay trailer for Episode 2.

http://www.gamespot.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-4-episode-2/videos/gameplay-trailer-sonic-the-hedgehog-4-episode-2-6350932/

Just quoting the link for the new page.

So really, no comments on this at all, good or bad? I'm surprised.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Well I thought episode 1 looked amazing, until I played it... the physics/controls... :|

Hard to tell if they've changed that up or not based off that video.
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Post by Menegrothx »

Ziggy587 wrote:What the fuck, no Wii release?

A cellphone aimed at fashion people and hipsters is a more valid platform for a 2D platformer than Nintendo Wii. Welcome to gaming in the 2010s. :cry:
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
Godot102
64-bit

Post by Godot102 »

I never understood what the point of the whole episode thing was. I guess they just wanted to pump out games as fast as they can, which is silly because then the quality ends ups suffering. Personally i think they would have been better off simply releasing one complete game instead of multiple "parts" of a game.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

The point of the episodes is that they can make adjustments to each and make them better as they get feedback.

They've said a few times after the announcement of Episode 2 that we'll only get an episode 3 if 2 is a sales success, and so on.

This second episode is looking a hell of a lot better than the first in many ways. Imagine how disappointing it would have been if we got a complete Sonic 4 that played entirely like episode 1 does.

Besides, its certainly not about cranking them out fast. There's a 17 month gap between the releases of the first two!

On another note, I didn't bother posting about these things as they were announced since nobody here seems to really care about the game, but since I'm here now anyway I'll mention that they've revealed a few things about Episode 2:

Release date is May 15.

Players who own Episode 1 already will be able to access a special bonus (upon purchase of course) that allows you to play new versions of the Episode 1 levels as Metal Sonic. Its called Episode Metal, and it will tell its own story that takes place before episode 2.

If there is demand for it, they may create the option to make Tails the lead character, and have Sonic follow him. It won't be possible to play as either of them alone though, since the game revolves around their teamwork.

Edited* the episode Metal stuff, as I made a mistake.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I played this at PAX East and included an interview with one of the Sonic Team's reps in the newest podcast that y'all can check out. In the interview she addresses the complaints about episode 1's physics, and I can say with confidence that the game plays much, much better than Ep. 1 :D
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

That's good to hear then. I'll definitely keep an eye on it.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Agreed with dsheinem. This looked cool at PAX East. Too bad no physical release. :(
Godot102
64-bit

Post by Godot102 »

CFFJR wrote:The point of the episodes is that they can make adjustments to each and make them better as they get feedback.

They've said a few times after the announcement of Episode 2 that we'll only get an episode 3 if 2 is a sales success, and so on.

This second episode is looking a hell of a lot better than the first in many ways. Imagine how disappointing it would have been if we got a complete Sonic 4 that played entirely like episode 1 does.

Besides, its certainly not about cranking them out fast. There's a 17 month gap between the releases of the first two!

On another note, I didn't bother posting about these things as they were announced since nobody here seems to really care about the game, but since I'm here now anyway I'll mention that they've revealed a few things about Episode 2:

Release date is May 15.

Players who own Episode 1 already will be able to access a special bonus (upon purchase of course) that allows you to play new versions of the Episode 1 levels as Metal Sonic. Its called Episode Metal, and it will tell its own story that takes place before episode 2.

If there is demand for it, they may create the option to make Tails the lead character, and have Sonic follow him. It won't be possible to play as either of them alone though, since the game revolves around their teamwork.

Your right, I take back what I previously said then :lol: . Playing as metal sonic does sound pretty cool!
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

Godot102 wrote:
CFFJR wrote:The point of the episodes is that they can make adjustments to each and make them better as they get feedback.

Release date is May 15.

Your right, I take back what I previously said then :lol: . Playing as metal sonic does sound pretty cool!

Hopefully Episode Metal A) requires episode 1 (otherwise it would screw fans over) and B) uses episode 2's physics (a la how S&K "patched" a few glitches in S3&K) so that it's playable.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX