Castlevania Appreciation Thread

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Ziggy

Re: Castlevania Appreciation Thread

Post by Ziggy »

Why they kept Dracula X Chronicles a PSP exclusive I'll never know. It always pissed me off, since it's the only officially translated version of Rondo and it's "trapped" in low rez. If they do finally release this on a home console, they better not make it exclusive to just one console.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Well it is official now. Rondo of Blood and SOTN are coming to PS4 Oct 26th for $19.99

https://www.konami.com/games/castlevani ... detail-top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk6QrgmJLm4
marurun

Post by marurun »

It's now just a matter of when it will come to Switch.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

marurun wrote:It's now just a matter of when it will come to Switch.

I feel like it pretty much has to, right? I mean the trend is that these kind of smaller niche releases tend to come out on PS4 and Switch. And the trend is also that the Switch is a retro-haven. And I mean, Konami would be basically printing money by releasing this one on Switch. So I feel like there's a strong possibility. I also feel like IDGAF about Crash or Spyro or whatever, but Castlevania is one of my favorite franchises of all time and I will kick a chair if this doesn't come out on Switch.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

noiseredux wrote:
marurun wrote:It's now just a matter of when it will come to Switch.

I feel like it pretty much has to, right? I mean the trend is that these kind of smaller niche releases tend to come out on PS4 and Switch. And the trend is also that the Switch is a retro-haven. And I mean, Konami would be basically printing money by releasing this one on Switch. So I feel like there's a strong possibility. I also feel like IDGAF about Crash or Spyro or whatever, but Castlevania is one of my favorite franchises of all time and I will kick a chair if this doesn't come out on Switch.

Especially considering Simon and Richter (and Alucard kinda) are all coming to Smash Ultimate in December, I can't even fathom how this isn't having a dual-launch on PS4 and Switch, let alone how it'd never come to Switch at all.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Post by Melek-Ric »

I bet SotN on the PS4 has the updated lame script and the crappy re-dub. It's not SotN if Dracula doesn't say "What is a man?"
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Melek-Ric wrote:I bet SotN on the PS4 has the updated lame script and the crappy re-dub. It's not SotN if Dracula doesn't say "What is a man?"

This is EXACTLY what I've been telling everyone about it! If it's the crappy PSP re-dub then WHY even BOTHER? :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I love the voice acting in the original NA release, but I'm actually hoping it's the PSP version. It's a very clean retranslation, and I like that the voice acting matches for the two games. It's a nice touch. I still have the PS1, and I can play the "what is a man?" version whenever I feel like it. But I don't mind having another version to mess around with as well.

I'm more interested in this for the first official English release of Rondo on a home console.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Ziggy587 wrote:I'm more interested in this for the first official English release of Rondo on a home console.

Ditto, hopefully the ports are good.
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Post by Melek-Ric »

Ziggy587 wrote:I'm more interested in this for the first official English release of Rondo on a home console.

I would prefer English subs during the cutscenes. The German voice acting sounds great to me.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"