Castlevania Appreciation Thread

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Ziggy

Re: Castlevania Appreciation Thread

Post by Ziggy »

Game Sack reviews all of the 16-bit era Castlevania games!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f0YAPo4s5I
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Check the Q&A for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night on Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/Bloodstained-Rit ... ref=sr_1_9?
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Symphony of the Night is one of the free Games with Gold titles this month for Xbox Live Gold subscribers! https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/prod ... 0258410847
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I love when people post Castlevania content on YouTube!

The Making of Super Castlevania IV & Bloodlines - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB1-AKS3S0g
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I'm really not sure what took me so long to get around to this, but I just completed a solo Sypha run in Castlevania III ! Some sections were a bit tougher, but almost all of the bosses were easier because her magic hits so hard. Dracula was a quick fight.

I still want to attempt a solo Alucard, solo Grant run and a Trevor hard mode run. Not sure which I'm gonna do next. Maybe Alucard.

edit: Alucard fucking sucks. His main attack is shit and does NO damage. I had trouble getting past the first boss after picking up Alucard. This one. If you die against that boss, there are no sub weapon pickups at the checkpoint. It took me many tries to beat it.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

FYI, Alucard can't do Dracula second form. He can't hit the middle face.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

MrPopo wrote:FYI, Alucard can't do Dracula second form. He can't hit the middle face.

You also can't use your main attack while on stairs.

Fuck Alucard. I don't know if I'm gonna bother doing a solo Alucard run. Especially since you can use him to beat Drac's second form. For years now, I have only used Alucard in bat form for skips. I forgot what a worthless piece of shit he is. Now I remember why I never used him.

The solo Sypha run was a lot of fun. I think I'm gonna try and solo Grant run now.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I caught that Castlevania animated series on Netflix. It's flipping great!. They took a lot of the best ideas from Symphony of the Night and Castlevania III. Two seasons so far. The first one is especially solid. The second ain't bad either, seems to be setting up plot threads for a longer story arc. The animation is top quality - especially the fight sequences. Good stuff all around.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

samsonlonghair wrote:I caught that Castlevania animated series on Netflix. It's flipping great!. They took a lot of the best ideas from Symphony of the Night and Castlevania III. Two seasons so far. The first one is especially solid. The second ain't bad either, seems to be setting up plot threads for a longer story arc. The animation is top quality - especially the fight sequences. Good stuff all around.

Agreed. I’ve been watching this while I exercise. It is everything I could ask for from a video game adaptation. Season 2, Episode 7, where Alucard, Sypha, and Trevor fought Dracula could not rule any harder. So, so good.
Last edited by prfsnl_gmr on Fri May 29, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I still need to see Season 2. Loved Season 1, though it's definitely not for young children.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.