Rayman Origins

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
J T
Next-Gen

Re: Rayman Origins

Post by J T »

Played the demo. Want the full release.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

Just when you think it's over, it's not and I'm so glad for that.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

flex wood wrote:Just when you think it's over, it's not and I'm so glad for that.

That's one of the best feelings you can ever have while playing a game, excluding JRPGs.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
avrame
128-bit

Post by avrame »

Can anyone comment on the replay value of the game? Collectables? Time attacks? I haven't played a Rayman game before aside from the Rabbids ones for the Wii, and I heard it's a great Vita title.
If you aren't having a good time, why are you playing?
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

avrame wrote:Can anyone comment on the replay value of the game? Collectables? Time attacks? I haven't played a Rayman game before aside from the Rabbids ones for the Wii, and I heard it's a great Vita title.

I can comment, as well as Phades, as we both bought the game when it came out on Vita. There is plent of replay there. Each level has a "Time Attack" mode. Each level also has medal for number of lums collected (most levels are 350 lums). Each level has either 2 or 3 relics to find. You could do a lot of replaying of levels (as I have already done) looking for the relics, doing a time attack, trying to get the most lums in a level, or trying to find the cages of trapped electoons (2 hidden ones per level).
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Phades
64-bit

Post by Phades »

I already owned the game on PS3 and I bought it on the Vita so that I could play it on the go. It's just so good. Even though I haven't beaten it yet, I have a feeling this will end up being the best platformer I've played since Super Mario World.

As for replayability. I've played many levels multiple times just because they were fun. Yes, there's collectibles and such. But it was mostly just plain fun and I enjoyed playing it again and again. To me, that speaks volumes.
XBL: Phades
PSN: Phades
Steam: Phades
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

noiseredux wrote:
ethinethin wrote:After previously reading this thread and seeing this post, I was worried about this, but I just beat the game and found it to be untrue. The only levels I couldn't enter immediately were the bonus "tooth" levels, which were optional. I beat the game without ever having to replay a level, and I missed out on a fair bit of the Electoons (the collectibles) along the way.

really? Because I totally would play this game if collecting weren't mandatory.

Just get the damn game already noise. Trust me you'll love it. The collecting doesn't even feel like a chore since you have unlimited lives and there is little to no load time after you die.
Balasubbie
128-bit

Post by Balasubbie »

100 percented this just recently.

Land of the Livid Dead is so grotesque in its difficulty. The levels of precision required for some of the jumps make neurosurgery look like sloppy work.

A game I cannot recommend enough.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

flex wood wrote:Just get the damn game already noise. Trust me you'll love it. The collecting doesn't even feel like a chore since you have unlimited lives and there is little to no load time after you die.

it's pretty much on my "when I see it for $20" list now.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

noiseredux wrote:
flex wood wrote:Just get the damn game already noise. Trust me you'll love it. The collecting doesn't even feel like a chore since you have unlimited lives and there is little to no load time after you die.
it's pretty much on my "when I see it for $20" list now.

I can't believe I read a post over someone trading in a console version for a portable release. Rayman Origins is best on the console when played with an Arcade stick. :D
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425