Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Rayman Origins

by Gamerforlife Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:21 pm

The optional level requires you to collect enough teeth to unlock it, which you can only acquire in the optional chase levels. This has nothing to do with beating the game however. To beat the game, you need to collect a certain number of electoons or whatever they are called to unlock the last boss fights in order to beat the game. So if you're just flying through the game's levels and not trying to collect everything YOU WILL HAVE TO REPLAY STAGES
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:30 pm

Gamerforlife wrote:YOU CANNOT SEE THE WHOLE GAME UNLESS YOU HAVE ENOUGH ELECTOONS

Read a few official reviews and you'll see that they back me up

I'm sorry but isn't that standard fare for platformers? I mean that's what you have to do in say, Super Mario Galaxy to proceed, right? How's this any different?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
ethinethin
8-bit

by ethinethin Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Gamerforlife wrote:That's a lie, the fairy girls will tell you that you cannot proceed in some parts unless you have enough electoons, which you can only acquire by collecting enough lums in each stage or finding the hidden areas in levels where electoons are held captive

I wasn't lying. I was saying I found your observation to conflict with my experience in that I was never stopped from proceeding in the game and I never had to go back and replay old levels to progress. I understand that the requirement for collecting is there, but I don't think it's unreasonable since many gamers probably won't experience it.
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

by Weekend_Warrior Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:05 pm

You guys can add me to the list of people who adore this game. I got to try the PS3 demo today and absolutely fell in love with it.

I especially like the variety of the levels, from standard running and jumping, to shoot 'em up, to underwater swimming... everything just feels right and looks incredible. Also, the sound designers did an amazing job! The music and sound effects fit perfectly.

But most of all... the game just has a really great vibe to it and plays like a good old fashioned 2D side-scroller/platformer. I bet the game designers themselves had a fun time putting this one together.
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
flex wood
Next-Gen

by flex wood Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:44 pm

I got the game for 20 a while ago for ps3 and just started playing have to say I love it. I've been sort of depressed lately and the game has been cheering me up. I can't play it with out a huge smile on my face. It is just so well put together, I love the animation and the music so much.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

by ZenErik Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:56 pm

My PS Vita version came today! Ended up selling my PS3 version still sealed to mjmjr, haha. I feel more likely to play it on a portable. Should try it soon. once I stop being addicted to Lumines.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:55 pm

Weekend_Warrior wrote:You guys can add me to the list of people who adore this game. I got to try the PS3 demo today and absolutely fell in love with it.

I especially like the variety of the levels, from standard running and jumping, to shoot 'em up, to underwater swimming... everything just feels right and looks incredible. Also, the sound designers did an amazing job! The music and sound effects fit perfectly.

But most of all... the game just has a really great vibe to it and plays like a good old fashioned 2D side-scroller/platformer. I bet the game designers themselves had a fun time putting this one together.

+1

This is one of the best platformers I've played in a while. And it really shines on the Vita. The complaints about collecting things to proceed is a lame one. This is a platformer, where the main gameplay element is to get the thing (electoons) you need to proceed. Just like most major platformers. You have to go out of your way to get Electoons sometimes, and save them when you hear "Help me!" But if you're not doing that, why are you playing? If you see a star that is a side quest in Mario Galaxy do you go get it or do you ignore it because it's not the main one? The argument just doesn't make any sense to me. Is there sometimes a requirement to have something before proceeding? Yes. Do you get these things through the course of normal play? Yes.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
flex wood
Next-Gen

by flex wood Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:16 am

Oh man I love these chest chase levels. And the shmup levels. And well every level so far. Not many games have been able to hold my interest like this game has. I'm taking it slow since I don't want it to end.

Its the vita version just a port or its there a difference?

I typed this at the title screen and watched the demo play, holy shit it looks like it gets intense and I'm only on the third world.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

by RyaNtheSlayA Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:22 pm

flex wood wrote:Oh man I love these chest chase levels. And the shmup levels. And well every level so far. Not many games have been able to hold my interest like this game has. I'm taking it slow since I don't want it to end.

I typed this at the title screen and watched the demo play, holy shit it looks like it gets intense and I'm only on the third world.

It's just a port from what everybody's told me.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:23 pm

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
flex wood wrote:Oh man I love these chest chase levels. And the shmup levels. And well every level so far. Not many games have been able to hold my interest like this game has. I'm taking it slow since I don't want it to end.

It's just a port from what everybody's told me.

They added the collection of Relics from what I understand. Also, there is no co-op in the Vita version.
Return to Platformers