Pac-Man World 3, What Happened?

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Pac-Man World 3, What Happened?

Post by BurningDoom »

I just bought Pac-Man World 3 last week for the Nintendo DS and my gosh, what a drop in quality compared to it's predecessors. I loved Pac-Man World on PSX, and Pac-Man World 2 on PS2. Great 3D platformers. But Pac-Man World 3 was just full of glitches and broken parts. The draw-rate on it was ridiculous, making the whole game look foggy. There were invisible walls EVERYWHERE, to the point of making you die because you didn't realize you were gonna jump into one rather than over a pit. The charge move that was so fun in the first two was awkward in this because they tied a touchscreen thing while pressing a button to pull it off. And to top it off, they throw so many bad guys that just start spawning at once that it takes away from the platforming and makes it feel a little like a beat-em up even.

I actually traded it in at Gamestop. I got me Dragon Age: Origins on XBox 360 in return. It paid for a good portion of it.

I was just soooo disappointed in Pac-Man World 3. What in the hell happened? How could they take such a great series into the next-generation and just ruin it?
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Re: Pac-Man World 3, What Happened?

Post by GSZX1337 »

I haven't played any of the Pac-Man World games, but I do feel the need to do this:

BurningDoom wrote:I actually traded it in at Gamestop.

You're a bad, uneducated, independent game store hating, sheep.

Have you tried any of the other versions?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/pac-man-world-3
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

GSZX1337 wrote:I haven't played any of the Pac-Man World games, but I do feel the need to do this:

BurningDoom wrote:I actually traded it in at Gamestop.

You're a bad, uneducated, independent game store hating, sheep.

Wow, tell me how you really feel. Actually, my independent store rips you off more than Gamestop. I just tried to trade in copeis of Shenmue & Shenmue II to her in pristine condition, with all discs, the Passport disc, the manuals, the Passport manual, the inserts, EVERYTHING. And she's like $1 each. Pfft. I'll buy from her, but forget trading to her.
Game Trade/Want List:

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

blue means sarcasm
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

dsheinem wrote:blue means sarcasm

That blue-means-sarcasm thing is used so infrequently that a lot of people don't even know about it.

As for Pacman World 3, I'll tell you what happened: lame got happenin'. Pacman got a voice actor. :x That's just wrong. Just reconcile yourself to the fact that Pacman World 2 is the last completely original Pacman game worth playing, and probably always will be. Namco ain't what it used to be.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

BoringSupreez wrote:

That blue-means-sarcasm thing is used so infrequently that a lot of people don't even know about it.

As for Pacman World 3, I'll tell you what happened: lame got happenin'. Pacman got a voice actor. :x That's just wrong. Just reconcile yourself to the fact that Pacman World 2 is the last completely original Pacman game worth playing, and probably always will be. Namco ain't what it used to be.

Mine didn't have voice-actors.
Game Trade/Want List:

Ack

Post by Ack »

Ah, come on BoringSupreez. You act like Namco's never released a crappy Pac-Man game before.

Need I say more?
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

BurningDoom wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:

Mine didn't have voice-actors.

I had the PS2 version I played in mind when I wrote that post.

Ack wrote:Ah, come on BoringSupreez. You act like Namco's never released a crappy Pac-Man game before.

Need I say more?

But they used to follow them up with good ones. Pac-Man World 3 was 6 years ago this year, and there hasn't been a single good one since. That one for XBLA doesn't count, because it wasn't a totally new game, more of a deluxe edition or re-imagining.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

Wouldn be the first time the Ds gets a shitty port. Lego Star Wars 2 anyone ? :D

Anyway i would like to see the day when Namco stops making shitty 3d platormer/puzzle whatevers with pacman in them. Or to use an overused meme

LEAVE PACMAN ALONE
irixith
Next-Gen

Post by irixith »

BoringSupreez wrote:That one for XBLA doesn't count, because it wasn't a totally new game, more of a deluxe edition or re-imagining.

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX is the best Pac-Man game ever made. It is so awesome that awesome needs redefining to somehow include a reference to this new level of greatness.