Outland on XBLA

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
jfe2
Next-Gen

Outland on XBLA

Post by jfe2 »

Over the weekend I grabbed the demo for a game called Outland on XBLA. I really didn't know much about it, other than the fact that it was a platformer, but the screenshots looked intriguing enough for me to pick it up. HOLY SHIT, was I ever right to do so.

Outland turns out to be an absolutely BEAUTIFUL Metroidvania style game. The art style is just amazing, in fact, my three year old son asked me if I was playing a Tron video game. I just beat the first boss a few hours ago, but I was wondering if anyone else had tried this out yet.

It's like Symphony of the Night, Shadow of the Colossus, and Tron had a threesome, and this was the resulting offspring... if that doesn't convince you to try it, I don't know what will.

Maybe cake... would cake do it?
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Outland on XBLA

Post by Gamerforlife »

I saw this in a Game Informer issue. It was really the only game in the issue that caught my attention
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

I enjoyed the demo, but was not totally blown away. I plan to get it on a sale down the road.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

Bradtemple87 wrote:I enjoyed the demo, but was not totally blown away. I plan to get it on a sale down the road.

It gets even better once you get going a bit. The Ikaruga-style color swapping makes it pretty difficult.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

Ikaruga kicks my ass and i'm decent at shmups, so i'm sure this would keep me busy for a while.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

Bradtemple87 wrote:Ikaruga kicks my ass and i'm decent at shmups, so i'm sure this would keep me busy for a while.

Yeah I suck at Ikaruga. I've made it to maybe the fourth boss... I figure I'll eventually unlock enough continues to finish it by racking up time played.