Aban Hawkins & the 1000 Spikes: My Journey Begins

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Aban Hawkins & the 1000 Spikes: My Journey Begins

Post by Bradtemple87 »

So I decided to spend one of the best dollars to date on this gem of a title from JPN 8bits fanatics and I am loving every second as it hands me my ass on a platter. This developer also brought us The TEMPURA of the DEAD, a run and gun platformer with tons of style. My first impressions are very high as I am working through Stage 3. In the same fashion as Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?, you start the game with 1000 lives and you will need them. This game is hard, brutally HARD. Super Meat Boy has some serious competition. The music is catchy and every sequence has only one way to pass through to the next obstacle. My only critique at this point is that the long jump requires holding down before you leap, causing a delay in timing. This is not necessarily a bad aspect to the game, just an extra challenge that requires some practice and crafty thinking. The xbox indie market is overloaded with terrible games, but this belong in the handful of titles worth your hard earned 80points 8)

MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Ivo
Next-Gen

Re: Aban Hawkins & the 1000 Spikes: My Journey Begins

Post by Ivo »

Somehow the graphics and theme make me think of Rick Dangerous... Which was itself heavily based on Indiana Jones of course.

Ivo.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

Ivo wrote:Somehow the graphics and theme make me think of Rick Dangerous... Which was itself heavily based on Indiana Jones of course.

Ivo.

Yes I love the themes. I have made it to stage 5 and still heavily interested. I'm finding it helpful to save after clearing every level twice to save lives. One level can easily drain 50 lives from your stock. I finish the level after many deaths, but once I have it figured out I do a second run through from my save file :wink:
MY Sale/Trade Thread
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

Looks great man! This is my kind of game. I'll let you know what I think! :)
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

I played a couple levels last night after not touching it for a week or two. The game is brutal at times but very addictive.
MY Sale/Trade Thread