Three indie platformer demos I think you should try

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Three indie platformer demos I think you should try

Post by Gamerforlife »

I've heard of these before, they all look interesting
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Re: Three indie platformer demos I think you should try

Post by Ivo »

Thread resurrect (at the checkpoint)!

I just finished Trine and I greatly enjoyed it.

The puzzles were mostly on the easy side but I guess they had to be to generally have multiple solutions etc., they were still quite satisfying to get through, thanks to the Physics engine. Wish I could co-op with someone, that must be great fun.

I felt the Knight was a bit underpowered in terms of the puzzles, but I guess he is there for the combat mostly (similarly it is rare that you get to use the Wizard in combat, but he usually contributes the most for the puzzles). The Thief was quite well rounded. Still I would have liked to see the Knight get more puzzle usage somehow.

The hidden stuff is mostly in reasonable places and satisfying to get. I got everything, the ones I missed on the first route through the level I usually found on the 2nd run, deliberately checking the other places.
There are maybe 3 to 5 places in the whole game that are a bit "unfair" but that makes it a bit challenging (5 places in the whole game is not so significant). There is a single one that is quite unfair, a hidden experience bottle in the lava (!) which the game could really have done without (although I did manage to find it by myself, thanks to hearing the "glass" sound when I was dragging a chunk of rock on the lava).

I think we could use some more European developed games.