When is Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts considered "beat"?

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
jfe2
Next-Gen

When is Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts considered "beat"?

Post by jfe2 »

I was thinking of playing through Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts on the SNES this October, but the prospect of playing through the second time on a harder difficulty isn't very palatable... I may just bite the bullet and try to do it, but would I be considered a failure of a gamer if I just beat it the first time and called it a day? I'm leaning towards yes... :lol:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: When is Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts considered "beat"?

Post by noiseredux »

I'd think you were awesome if you just beat it "regular style."
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

noiseredux wrote:I'd think you were awesome if you just beat it "regular style."

I've beat it when I was a kid, but the higher difficulty on the second playthrough was always too much for me. My dad could beat both playthroughs with no problems, but then again, this was a guy who would play through three cycles of Super Smash TV on the SNES in one sitting, and then let himself die just cause he got bored of playing. My dad used to be a badass, now I can't get him to play anything! :lol: The last time he played a current gen game was when F-Zero X on the N64 came out, a game which he also kicked ass at.
irixith
Next-Gen

Post by irixith »

noiseredux wrote:I'd think you were awesome if you just beat it "regular style."

Seconded! Every time you beat that game, you gain extra hair on your chest.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

irixith wrote:

Seconded! Every time you beat that game, you gain extra hair on your chest.

so THAT's where they all came from!
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

jfe2 wrote:

I've beat it when I was a kid, but the higher difficulty on the second playthrough was always too much for me. My dad could beat both playthroughs with no problems, but then again, this was a guy who would play through three cycles of Super Smash TV on the SNES in one sitting, and then let himself die just cause he got bored of playing. My dad used to be a badass, now I can't get him to play anything! :lol: The last time he played a current gen game was when F-Zero X on the N64 came out, a game which he also kicked ass at.

Your dad's just hardcore is all. I've heard F-Zero X is a very difficult game

Be proud, not many people can say their dad is a badass gamer. I never beat any Ghous 'n Ghosts game, but I've beaten the Maximo games, which I think gives you extra facial hair. I have to shave constantly :lol:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

Completed on just one play-through, when the game requires two? Nope, not beat.

Good 'nuff? Hell ya! Getting through the first round puts more chest hair on a man than middle-aged Japanese housewives have pubic hair. That is a lot of hair! Trust me, I know.
t0yrobo
Next-Gen

Post by t0yrobo »

Oh boy here we go again :lol: . I wouldn't say you've beat it till you get to the end the second time. Personally I said screw it after getting to the end once, being told to go back to the beginning and do it again just plain pissed me off. Getting to the end that first time is a achievement in itself though.
Dylan
Next-Gen

Post by Dylan »

I'd say going through the first time is beating, going through the second is completing it. Amusingly, I can tell that the way I use these terms has changed since I got a backloggery.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

t0yrobo wrote:Oh boy here we go again :lol: . I wouldn't say you've beat it till you get to the end the second time. Personally I said screw it after getting to the end once, being told to go back to the beginning and do it again just plain pissed me off. Getting to the end that first time is a achievement in itself though.

Just like that other topic we had going today :lol:

Well, I would say you have to go through it twice to really say you beat it. However, I do give props to anyone who can even get through the first run of the game. I made a lot of progress on the first runthrough in Ghouls 'n Ghosts for the Sega Genesis(which I think you also had to go through twice to beat it), but it was a rental and I had to bring it back. I actually had fun with that game, seemed easier than other Ghouls 'n Ghosts games
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.