When is Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts considered "beat"?

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Re: When is Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts considered "beat"?

Post by Bradtemple87 »

Very difficult series. The version on psp is brutal! Keep at it and try to inch further each time.
Last edited by Bradtemple87 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

Dylan wrote:I'd say going through the first time is beating, going through the second is completing it. Amusingly, I can tell that the way I use these terms has changed since I got a backloggery.

This is kind of what I'm leaning towards.

Another question that springs to mind is, have you truly beat a Sonic game if you didn't get all the Chaos Emeralds and get the "real" ending? To me, stuff like that is considered completion for older games that didn't have achievements and challenges implemented into them. If you see credits, or beat the final boss, its considered beat. That's what I usually go by... SG'nG just kind threw me off I guess. :lol:
final fight cd
Next-Gen

Post by final fight cd »

honestly, i didn't find much difference between the 1st and 2nd go-around. i think the there might be more enemies and they move faster, which i didn't find much more difficult. but yes, i agree that to truly beat it you have to beat it consequently twice.
if you took a shit, please put it back
Dylan
Next-Gen

Post by Dylan »

What's interesting is how different people make use of the word "beat". I think when some of us say "beat" we mean it as in you've completed a game's primary objective (killed the last boss, saw the credits, etc.), but some of us use "beat" as in "completed in absolution".