Mega Man 7 and 8 demakes FTW!

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
jfe2
Next-Gen

Re: Mega Man 7 and 8 demakes FTW!

Post by jfe2 »

I definitely recommend using XPadder with this so that you can use a controller to play, as it makes the game actually playable. :)
BakaTanuki
16-bit

Post by BakaTanuki »

I am using joy2key- same deal.

Really fun, just finished the first four- Burst, Cloud, Junk, and Freeze. Burst Man seems harder in this to me.
http://insert-disc.com/
NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, DSlite, N64, PS2, Dreamcast, Wii, Gamecube
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

Yeah, I remember reading somewhere that some of the bosses were harder and some of the level layouts were a bit different. I know some of the items are hidden in different parts of the levels than they originally were.

BTW, I tried out the beta version of the Mega Man 8 demake today and had a lot of fun. I played through a bit of one stage and everything seemed on par with the demake of 7. Hopefully the finished version is released soon!
BakaTanuki
16-bit

Post by BakaTanuki »

Yeah, I noticed a change in Slash Man stage- the two platforms in the dinosaur midboss are switched, if I recall correctly. I am loving this demake the more I play it. I'll give 8's beta when I wrap up 7. I wish I could have this on a cart and play it on the NES.
http://insert-disc.com/
NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, DSlite, N64, PS2, Dreamcast, Wii, Gamecube
EllertMichael
Next-Gen

Post by EllertMichael »

Does anyone know if there are plans to allow these to run on NES emulators in the future? I've been unable to find any info regarding..
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

EllertMichael wrote:Does anyone know if there are plans to allow these to run on NES emulators in the future? I've been unable to find any info regarding..

They would have to reprogram it using NES assembly, which is not a trivial task.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
flamepanther
Next-Gen

Post by flamepanther »

Now for those of us who like more modern gameplay and sound so long as the gameplay is classic, someone needs to remake Rockman 9 and 10 to not pretend to be NES games.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

flamepanther wrote:Now for those of us who like more modern gameplay and sound so long as the gameplay is classic, someone needs to remake Rockman 9 and 10 to not pretend to be NES games.

Blasphemer!
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.