Sonic Special Stages: yay or nay?

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Sonic Special Stages: yay or nay?

Post by dsheinem »

jfe2 wrote:Those are really cool. Chaotix has been on my wishlist for a while as well, but I've yet to find a copy at a reasonable price, and I've never seen it in the wild. It seems to be one of those games that everyone recognizes as being good but not many people have finished, let alone played.

From a gameplay perspective, the special stages are about the only redeeming quality of Chaotix. And this is coming from Mr. 32X.
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

dsheinem wrote:
jfe2 wrote:Those are really cool. Chaotix has been on my wishlist for a while as well, but I've yet to find a copy at a reasonable price, and I've never seen it in the wild. It seems to be one of those games that everyone recognizes as being good but not many people have finished, let alone played.

From a gameplay perspective, the special stages are about the only redeeming quality of Chaotix. And this is coming from Mr. 32X.

Really? I've always heard decent things about it. I watched a Youtube video of it earlier today though, and the level design definitely seemed a bit lacking. Gameplay mechanics seemed interesting though, with the whole dual character thing.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

dsheinem wrote:

You sir need to replay this game, I personally found it fantastic. It's not a game designed for straight play and takes a lot of practice.

(I've played a LOT of Chaotix)
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

I really like the orb bonus stage from sonic and knuckles. I wish they had turned that into an actual special stage. They could have done that for Sonic 4. Of all the complaining about Sonic in 3D, I think the special stages should be 3D. That's just how the originals were. Maybe in the later episodes they'll have new versions of the other special stages.

Knux chaotix has really cool special stages. I haven't beat the game with all the chaos rings yet. When I got my 32X and Knuckles chaotix for my birthday in 5th grade I sat down and played through the whole game in 3 hours.

The level design isn't bad, it's just not really memorable. I think the actual levels are cool and the graphics are good. The closest we got to a real 32 bit sonic game. The other problem is the way you randomly "choose" a level and the fact that there are 5 acts to every zone.

I think this topic should be a poll. Which special stages were the best.

Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 3&K
Sonic Spinball
Sonic 3D blast (genesis)
sonic 3D blast (saturn)
Sonic Chaos

Ok it'd be a long poll.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

racketboy wrote:I really need to get around and picking up a copy of Chaotix.
It's been on my wishlist since it came out....

...Now that's some procrastination.

EDIT: I'd have to say that my favorite Special Stages are the S3&K stages.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|